Pre Match Southampton (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Tough match but Blackpool/Bristol City got something there so why not us?
Ithink NP might revert to 5-3-2 as the last away game at Palace ie
Kasper
Mills SSL Tunchev
Peltier Drinkwater Wellens Danns Konch
Beckford Nugent

The Tree result/performance plus the aquisition of Drinkwater has given the whole place a lift

Lets put on a good show in front of the cameras and show this league we mean business. Id be happy if Kasper got MOTM if we came home with anything 0-0 or 0-1??
Admittedly Trees were crap but if our boys play to their potential and with confidence we have nothing to fear

chance to close the gap on the leaders

We have played ( mostly ) some crap football this season and generally have deserved every loss, however, we were absolutely robbed at their place.

Only one we should have won when we didn't

Draw would be a creditable result but given the points system not much use at all.

We need a succession of wins. It would be great to start with a win on Monday but don't think it will happen so probably best we can hope for is an improvement building on the win over Forest - which I think didn't count for much in real currency.

Nothing less than a seven nil drubbing will indicate that a corner has been turned.

Nothing less than a seven nil drubbing will indicate that a corner has been turned.

Nonsense. Proof that the corner has been turned will be a smile and wave from Joey

I think we'll go for a very cautious approach in this game and as a result I think Southampton will be too good for us. 2-0 defeat for us I think.

I think we'll go for a very cautious approach in this game and as a result I think Southampton will be too good for us. 2-0 defeat for us I think.

I think so too. As I said above only victories are going to be much use to us now. But I can't see Nigel going for it. He'll attempt to play it tight and pinch a goal. Quite understandable given that we are really thin on the ground with options at the moment.

I think Southampton will pile on the pressure and roll us over.

Now that we have DrinkWater (& probably that Deflountesco bloke from Villa), it will be goals, goals, and goals.
I expect Southampton to win 3-1

Think we'll win it by the odd goal. Saints will start to stutter. Cardiff will get automatic promotion with West Ham.

Cardiff will get automatic promotion with West Ham.

I think we should all have a go at cursing them in that way.

My turn, Cardiff are brilliant and won't lose another game all season.

That'll do for them :icon_bigg

We've really got to win, 8 points behind sixth at the moment and can't string two wins together. This could kick start a run up the table.

It's our own fault. We messed up badly by not winning five matches on paper you'd expect to get three points from, meaning this run coming up (against four of the top six and Brighton) in the next six matches has added pressure.

I'd really like to see the 4 D's in midfield tonight.

Schmeichel

Peltier
St Ledger
Mills
Konchesky

Delfouneso
Danns
Drinkwater
Dyer

Beckford
Nugent

Can't see Pearson dropping Wellens or Gallagher though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670