Southampton (FA Cup) - Sat 5th Jan 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Kick Off: 3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 3200 tickets for this fixture.

£15 Adults
£5 Seniors/Teens/Students
£1 Under 16's

17th Dec - STH P1
18th Dec - STH P2
19th Dec - STH P3
20th Dec - Members
21st Dec - General Sale

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart at 9am.

£15 Adult STH
£13 Concessions STH
£16 Adult NON STH
£14 Concessions NON STH

Directions & Parking:

Approx 142 Miles - 2¾/3 Hours

M1 south to J15a > A43 > M40 > A34 > M3 ...

From the M3 take the A33 into Southampton. Continue on the A33 until you reach the junction with the A3024 Northam Road and turn left onto this road towards Northam. Then turn right onto the B3038, Britannia Road for the stadium.

There is very little parking around the stadium, and although parking in the city centre is recommended, it can be very busy after the game. If you want to avoid the city centre, you could park at the marina (Ocean Village) where parking is approx £5.

Trains:

The very cheap singles are no longer available, however with the game so close there are still some reasonable priced singles available. £24 outbound on the 9am and 10am services (Change at London & Reading) and £13 coming back on the 7.15pm service (Change at Coventry & Nuneaton).

The station is a good 30 minute walk from the ground, however if your feeling less active after all the xmas food and booze, there is a bus shuttle service from outside the station. I am fairly sure this is a free service too.

Pubs:

The Bevois Castle welcomes away supporters, and offers a very reasonably priced full english at just £2. More details here

Last edited:
Southampton tickets

What do you think the chances will be of being able to pay on the gate? I won't know until the last minute if I will be able to make it so I cannot buy in advance.

I can't see us selling 3000+ tickets in the lead up to this one.

Re: Southampton tickets

What do you think the chances will be of being able to pay on the gate? I won't know until the last minute if I will be able to make it so I cannot buy in advance.

I would think that paying on the day will be fine. We are entitled to 15%, and so far they have only given us 10%.

It's FA cup day, and the prices are cheap so im expecting a good following.

Re: Southampton tickets

2994! i bought 6 of them!

I dont understand the train website so i live in market harborough and want to go to the match what do i need to do? Also will i be able to get a train from leicester to Harborough on the way back ?

Last edited:
I dont understand the train website so i live in market harborough and want to go to the match what do i need to do? Also will i be able to get a train from leicester to Harborough on the way back ?

The route from Market Harborough to Southampton is via London - you do not go through Leicester.

You could consider joining up joining up with the London Branch of the supporters club at Waterloo. They will be travelling down on GroupSave tickets so (at your age) you would travel for £1 return from Waterloo to Southampton.

You would need to leave Market Harborough on the 08:49 to catch up with them and would be back in London in plenty of time for the 20:55 from St Pancras which gets into Market Harborough at 21:50. I think it is the 59 bus which runs from Kings Cross to Waterloo, but please check - you can also make the journey by Underground but you would need to change as there is no direct tube between the two stations. Your fare to Waterloo from Market Harborough (including the bus or tube) would be £17.75 - ask for an off-Peak Day Travelcard. (Please note that because of engineering works, all later train are diverted between Kettering and Leicester and you would need to get a rail-replacement bus from Kettering to Market Harborough).

Let me know if you are interested and I will try to make arrangements for you to join up with them.

So you can understand a little bit better.

Way there.

1. 09.19 From Market Harborough to St Pancreas.
2. 10.36 Arrive London St Pancreas.
3. Walk to Kings Cross St Pancras.
4. 11.01 (Tube) Take the Victoris line (blue) towards Brixton.
5. 11.03 Get off at Oxford Circus then take the Bakerloo Line towards Elephant and Castle.
6. 11.10 Get off at Waterloo Underground Station. The walk to the main Waterloo Station.
7. 11.35 Take the train to Southampton Central.
8. Arrives Southampton Central 12.49.

Way back.

1. 18.00 Get the train to London Waterloo.
2. 19.20 Arrive London Waterloo.
3. 19.40 (Tube) Take the Bakerloo Line towards Queens Park.
4. 119.48 Get off at Oxford Circus.
5. 19.54 Take the Victoria Line (blue) towards Walthamstow Central.
6. Get off at Kings Cross St Pancras.
7. Walk to St Pancras.
8. 20.01 Arrive St Panras.
9. 20.30 Take the train to Market Harborough.
10. 21.37 Arrive Market Harborough.

Print this out and keep it with you.

If you are not going with the London Branch it will be £31.45 return.

Your match ticket should be only £1 also.

Last edited:
Only 1hr 37 min journey for me for this one ;)

Not setting off from Leamington then? Or not going to Southampton?

Which?

A tenner lol, he might not want to meet you Bob:023:

Please allow me to be the hundred and first person to tell you that not everybody has money to burn like you have.

Going from Banbury.

There is no train that goes from Banbury to Southampton in 97 minutes - it can't be done. And don't forget the 40-minute lift in the car off Mummy.

Last edited:
Fludie must be the bestest fan ever in the world cos he goes to every game, also you'll be delighted to know his 100% attendance record is still going strong.

Init. lol:081::038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570