14. Maddison
15. Brunt

FWD
15. Daka
16. Barnes
17. Vardy
18. Albrighton

For me, I think we need:

2 Central Defenders (Soyuncu replacement and cover for Evans...also...can we even play Vestergaard?)
1 - 2 Midfielders (Tielemans replacement and we looks short otherwise)
2 Wingers (I assume one will be Lookman)
1 Striker (Guessing Nacho moves on)

I could also make the case we need a long-term plan at Goalkeeper.

A minimum of five signings this summer I reckon. And a couple of big ones.

Tarkowski should be our #1 target in my opinion. Mcneil or Cornet wouldn't be far behind.

I’ve watched him in their last two games, where he’s been complete and utter shite

Keepers: Start again. This is the right summer to move Schmeichel on. It will be a shame but I think he wants to go and we need to evolve with a different style of keeper. Ward and Jakupovic can go too. Iversen back in as number two - he's clearly an excellent keeper, it is only his distribution that needs work. We then sign a new number one.

Defence: We're in decent shape. Fofana, Castagne, Ricardo, Justin and Thomas. We need two more defenders for me - I'd release Bertrand and dump Vestergaard wherever we can. I'd also sell Amartey and Soyuncu with one year left on their contracts. Evans should stay in his last season with us as a Morgan style sub. We then sign two new central defenders. I'd go with Tarkowski as he's ideal for us and then a younger talented centre back.

Midfield; Tielemans will go obviously. Also move on Choudhury, Mendy and Praet. We need one new central midfielder. The development of Dewsbury-Hall is great and I'm convinced there is a player in Soumare if we're patient with him.

Forwards: Get Perez out. I wouldn't sign Lookman personally as I don't think he's any good anywhere other than the left and he's not as good as Barnes so what's the point? However, I'm pretty sure that BR will sign him. I'd reluctantly sell Iheanacho mainly because he's wasted here under BR and if BR stays, Iheanacho needs to go. We need to sign one right sided player (finally Berardi?). We then need one other forward player.

That's 13 out and 6 in (plus Iversen and Lookman). That will help us out financially and allow for the progress of a number of the U23s.

22/23 Squad:

New, Iversen

Ricardo, Castagne, Fofana, Evans, New, New, Justin, Thomas

Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, New, Albrighton, Maddison

Lookman, Barnes, Daka, Vardy, New, New

Keepers: Start again. This is the right summer to move Schmeichel on. It will be a shame but I think he wants to go and we need to evolve with a different style of keeper. Ward and Jakupovic can go too. Iversen back in as number two - he's clearly an excellent keeper, it is only his distribution that needs work. We then sign a new number one.

Defence: We're in decent shape. Fofana, Castagne, Ricardo, Justin and Thomas. We need two more defenders for me - I'd release Bertrand and dump Vestergaard wherever we can. I'd also sell Amartey and Soyuncu with one year left on their contracts. Evans should stay in his last season with us as a Morgan style sub. We then sign two new central defenders. I'd go with Tarkowski as he's ideal for us and then a younger talented centre back.

Midfield; Tielemans will go obviously. Also move on Choudhury, Mendy and Praet. We need one new central midfielder. The development of Dewsbury-Hall is great and I'm convinced there is a player in Soumare if we're patient with him.

Forwards: Get Perez out. I wouldn't sign Lookman personally as I don't think he's any good anywhere other than the left and he's not as good as Barnes so what's the point? However, I'm pretty sure that BR will sign him. I'd reluctantly sell Iheanacho mainly because he's wasted here under BR and if BR stays, Iheanacho needs to go. We need to sign one right sided player (finally Berardi?). We then need one other forward player.

That's 13 out and 6 in (plus Iversen and Lookman). That will help us out financially and allow for the progress of a number of the U23s.

22/23 Squad:

New, Iversen

Ricardo, Castagne, Fofana, Evans, New, New, Justin, Thomas

Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare, New, Albrighton, Maddison

Lookman, Barnes, Daka, Vardy, New, New
I'm in agreement with most of that but I'd happily keep Lookman. I think he's more than good enough to be back up to Barnes when Barnes is injured or suspended. I'm not sure where all the negativity comes from for Lookman and we shouldn't just be relying on one player that's good on the left.

I've never seen anything from Soumare that suggests he's the answer to anything. I'm not sure what he actually adds or what his role is in the team. And I'm convinced he doesn't know either which doesn't help at all.

Agree with regards to Perez, he's clearly not wanted and only plays when BR is desperate.

I disagree with moving Kasper on. I think he will stay for one more year.

I also forgot about Praet. I rate him and he has an opportunity to be more involved, but I'm not sure Rodgers fancies him at all.

I think Lookman is a good squad player and a good option off the bench.

Would happily keep big Dan knocking about.

We aren't going to offload loads of players. It's not in their interests to go elsewhere even if we get offers so let's stick to what's possible in reality.

Any talk of getting rid of Schmeichel is wibble so let's just move on from that ludicrous idea. If he wants out then fine but I don't think he does at all. Yet.

I'm not convinced Soyuncu will go. I'm not sure they'll be the offers we would accept after this season. I would go balls out to get Tawkowski in whatever happens however as he's an excellent defender and perfect for us.

I'd ship Nacho out and he'd be no real loss as long as we don't piss around on duds and, instead, try to get an experienced goal scorer in.

Tielemans will go and, realistically, we will probably only be able to get rid of Mendy, Choudhury, Nacho and Bertrand. The rest we are really going to struggle to move on.

We aren't going to offload loads of players. It's not in their interests to go elsewhere even if we get offers so let's stick to what's possible in reality.

Any talk of getting rid of Schmeichel is wibble so let's just move on from that ludicrous idea. If he wants out then fine but I don't think he does at all. Yet.

I'm not convinced Soyuncu will go. I'm not sure they'll be the offers we would accept after this season. I would go balls out to get Tawkowski in whatever happens however as he's an excellent defender and perfect for us.

I'd ship Nacho out and he'd be no real loss as long as we don't piss around on duds and, instead, try to get an experienced goal scorer in.

Tielemans will go and, realistically, we will probably only be able to get rid of Mendy, Choudhury, Nacho and Bertrand. The rest we are really going to struggle to move on.

Go on then, who do you reckon is even remotely in our bracket who is a 'proven goal scorer'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566