Squad for the coming season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

In my opinion, the following players will play a valuable part in the coming season:

Goalkeepers
Schmeichel
Weale

Right Backs
Lee Peltier

Centre Backs
Sol Bamba

Left Backs

Midfielders
Neil Danns
Ritchie Wellens
Yuki Abe
Andy King

Strikers

Martyn Waghorn
Darius Vassell

In addition, I expect Steve Howard and Matt Oakley (edit: and perhaps Dyer!) to make occasional contributions. For me, we require 8 additions on top of the current list. If we want promotion, that could be an awful lot of money. Interesting times ahead as a city fan!

Another pointless thread!

Last edited:
Tunchev , dyer , n'guessan, yann, schlupp, moreno...

I can't see any off them making much of a contribution. Tunchev a possibility but only if he overcomes his injury nightmare.

In my opinion, the following players will play a valuable part in the coming season:

Goalkeepers
Schmeichel
Weale

Right Backs
Lee Peltier

Centre Backs
Sol Bamba

Left Backs

Midfielders
Neil Danns
Ritchie Wellens
Yuki Abe
Andy King

Strikers

Martyn Waghorn
Darius Vassell

In addition, I expect Steve Howard and Matt Oakley (edit: and perhaps Dyer!) to make occasional contributions. For me, we require 8 additions on top of the current list. If we want promotion, that could be an awful lot of money. Interesting times ahead as a city fan!

Another pointless thread!

Not sure how you see the midfield working with these four who as far i understand are all central midfielders, you have missed out Gallagher who could play out wide. I can see 3 out of your 4 in a 433 but if we play a 442 who would be in the central positions and who on the wide positions?

Not sure how you see the midfield working with these four who as far i understand are all central midfielders, you have missed out Gallagher who could play out wide. I can see 3 out of your 4 in a 433 but if we play a 442 who would be in the central positions and who on the wide positions?
oops! yep forgot about Gallagher! I am sure he will play a big part.

I don't think we have the players to field a strong 4-4-2 formation. We could perhaps put dyer and gallagher or even Vassell on the wings but I don't think Sven will even consider this. I expect either new wide men to arrive or we will stick with the 4-3-3/4-5-1.

oops! yep forgot about Gallagher! I am sure he will play a big part.

I don't think we have the players to field a strong 4-4-2 formation. We could perhaps put dyer and gallagher or even Vassell on the wings but I don't think Sven will even consider this. I expect either new wide men to arrive or we will stick with the 4-3-3/4-5-1.
Yeh thats what i was thinking Micky, would like to see us keep Dyer as squad/bench player but interested in this lad Pilkington as well, though don't know much about him. Certainly need player like this if we play 442

Berner will have a part to play I think. Not as a first choice but as a back up. Unless he chooses to move on.

Sven is quoted in todays Mercury as wanting 20 outfield players he can call on + 3 goal keepers

I reckon Oakleys a certainty for the 20 due to his performances the back end of last season

Howard & Dyer will be unless either is sold

Not sure with Berner, depends what left backs he brings in

Tunchev obviously depends on a good pre-season, or whether he accepts a pay as you play deal

n'guessan - off to French club isn't he?

yann (unless has an oustanding week or all the striker deals fall through) & moreno - he will aim to offload

Schlupp and maybe Parkes or Moore - will need to earn a spot in the 20 during pre-season

Last edited:
Somebody do some charts. I want to see a pie chart.

piechart.jpg

It's hard to tell with the translation but it sounds good to me.

now the same will happen with Michael Victor, almost everything was settled between Benfica and Leicester for the loan of the player for another season at the club coached by Sven-Goran Eriksson, but the process will have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669