Squad Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone cares about squad numbers anymore, they don't even really mean anything. The only one with any significance really is #1 - other than that there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why players are given the numbers they're given.

I don't know why anyone cares about squad numbers anymore, they don't even really mean anything. The only one with any significance really is #1 - other than that there doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why players are given the numbers they're given.

Danns has 23 because his preferred number is taken and his birthday is the 23rd. I think Gally has been number 7 wherever he has played. Some have meaning to players.

Well my nephews do, and I wanted to get their shirts done for their birthdays this week. Hence the thread!!

Danns has 23 because his preferred number is taken and his birthday is the 23rd. I think Gally has been number 7 wherever he has played. Some have meaning to players.

Yeah, but why on earth would that matter to us? Some people seem to be clamouring to find out what the numbers are, like they'll reveal some universal truth about life and the universe. I couldn't care less to be honest.

I suppose I take the point about the squad numbers going on replica shirts, but is it really such a problem to just wait until they're released?

Yeah, but why on earth would that matter to us? Some people seem to be clamouring to find out what the numbers are, like they'll reveal some universal truth about life and the universe. I couldn't care less to be honest.

I suppose I take the point about the squad numbers going on replica shirts, but is it really such a problem to just wait until they're released?

If they aren't released until after the children's birthday, I would say so.

Well, someone better call Sven and tell him that he should get his act together then.

Well it's not just me who wants to get shirts done eh? Usual idiots with the usual moronic answers. Thanks to those who were being helpful. Appreciated.

Well it's not just me who wants to get shirts done eh? Usual idiots with the usual moronic answers. Thanks to those who were being helpful. Appreciated.

Though you've still not told us what number Maynard will be wearing

1. Kasper Schmeichel
2. Lee Peltier
3. Paul Konchesky
4. John Pantsil
5. Matt Mills
6. Sol Bamba
7. Paul Gallagher
8. Matt Oakley
9. Steve Howard
10. Andy King
11. Lloyd Dyer
12. Sean St. Ledger
13. Darius Vassell
14. Martyn Waghorn
15. Bruno Berner
17. Michael Johnson
18. Franck Moussa
19. Richie Wellens
21. Chris Weale
22. Yuki Abe
23. Neil Danns
27. Jeff Schlupp
35. David Nugent

I see the vaunted number 16 has been left vacant....Glombard on his way back?

Ball wore that vs Real Madrid and all the other numbers are the same, so I assume he'll be given that when he signs.

No Fernandes? it has been stated he is on the official photo why no number?

You can hardly announce a number for somebody who is not yet officially your player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669