Stag Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfc lad

Hi all,

I don't post on here too often but am after a bit of (sensible) advice, i'm aware I maybe looking in the wrong place but here goes...

My brother has made a decision, all be it a dubious one, and is getting married! Now as his only brother I have taken the rightful place as best man, possibly be default but I'll take it!

Anyway I'm after help, advice, suggestions on stag do destinations, activities (above the belt preferably) etc etc.

Early thougths are pointing towards Tallinn, I hear it's a class place for a stag do but flights are proving difficult to fit to our schedule of going on a friday morning coming back sunday afternoon.

Any guidance, ideas, banter is/are welcome except Tommy Wright, Monster Munch or plugging laptops into sofas! ha

Cheers all.

Blue Army!

Avoid Latvia, proper dodge for stag do's. We had an awesome time but we were fortunate to get out without getting done over by the local mafia.

ljubljana was awesome much friendlier. As long as you are careful with the Bosnian taxi drivers (minor incident involving a face having a polite discussion with some brass knuckles) then its a great destination.

We are off to Berlin next month which is going to be cracking. We are going to the footy one day so I will report back.

Mates are in Riga as we speak, ****ing idiots ;) its minus 22

Last edited:
What's wrong with going out for a few beers in town? Why do stag dos/does (??) have to be weeks/weekends abroad? And why does nobody invite my husband on these events?

I agree, it gets so expensive. I am going on one in April that will cost me nearly £200, which is ridiculous.

I've never been to an English stag-do, but after living 8 months in Newcastle my take on them is that you hand in your dignity at the door and get a ridiculous t-shirt in exchange.

What's wrong with going out for a few beers in town? Why do stag dos/does (??) have to be weeks/weekends abroad? And why does nobody invite my husband on these events?

Because it's not cheating if it's in a different country/you're never going to see her again/you're not going to see your other half for over three days/somebody else is paying for it/you don't speak the language/you thought she was genuinely just a masseuse.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I don't post on here too often but am after a bit of (sensible) advice, i'm aware I maybe looking in the wrong place but here goes...

My brother has made a decision, all be it a dubious one, and is getting married! Now as his only brother I have taken the rightful place as best man, possibly be default but I'll take it!

Anyway I'm after help, advice, suggestions on stag do destinations, activities (above the belt preferably) etc etc.

Early thougths are pointing towards Tallinn, I hear it's a class place for a stag do but flights are proving difficult to fit to our schedule of going on a friday morning coming back sunday afternoon.

Any guidance, ideas, banter is/are welcome except Tommy Wright, Monster Munch or plugging laptops into sofas! ha

Cheers all.

Blue Army!

I also had the pleasure of organising one recently. Tallinn was our No1 choice, unfortunately between trying to round people up flights went from £60 each return to almost £200 each return. We are now going to Valencia.

What dates have you in mind? Roughly how many people?

You are limiting yourself with Fri-Sun, no way at all you can do Fri-Mon?

You'll definitely get in to somewhere like Magaluf, Ibiza, Benidorm, Marbella on a Fri-Sun as they'll be daily flights.

I agree, it gets so expensive. I am going on one in April that will cost me nearly £200, which is ridiculous.

Did you have to go? :icon_lol:

Where you off? The stag do to Valencia I'm going on will cost around £180 each plus food and drink when there. Oh and activities :icon_wink ..... The way I see it is, if you went away for 3 nights in the UK and went out every night you'd spend similar money. I'd just prefer to be somewhere that's warm.

I go abroad 5 or 6 times a year, even if it's just 3 nights in Benidorm. The answer to why do stag does have to be abroad from my point of view is because all guys would love to go abroad with their mates, but most of their wives/girlfriends won't let them, unless it's a major do, i.e. a stag do. So the moment a guy has this type of excuse, off he goes. I'm fortunate enough that my Missus has never played up when I tell her I'm going away, but I wouldn't tolerate it if she did play up.

I'm fortunate enough that my Missus has never played up when I tell her I'm going away, but I wouldn't tolerate it if she did play up.

Just give her a punch in the twat if she does dare play up, that way everybody knows where they stand

****ing hideous concept which, as time has ebbed, has developed into an overblown and stupidly expensive way of hanging about with boorish, drunken assholes.

Did you have to go? :icon_lol:

Where you off? The stag do to Valencia I'm going on will cost around £180 each plus food and drink when there. Oh and activities :icon_wink ..... The way I see it is, if you went away for 3 nights in the UK and went out every night you'd spend similar money. I'd just prefer to be somewhere that's warm.

It's in the UK. A bloody rented barge and activities near Brum. It will be fun I'm sure, but excessive.

been on stag dos to Budapest and Prague, both brilliant and lots to do

been Ljubljana with the missus, was good and looked ok, if a bit small, for a stag do

been to Copenhagen/Malmo on a lads' weekend and that was great

also been stag dos in Newcastle and Magaluf. Magaluf was magic, although i'd say stay in Palma nova...

Brighton's nice....

thanks for all the ideas, keep them coming.

pretty much as mentioned, people are keen to go abroad and i reckon as long as we go somewhere which the flights arent too expensive it'll prob cost similar to a few nights out in england. plus hopefully it wont be pissing it down constantly. i live in manchester now so this may have affected this viewpoint!

there are about 15 of us going, early june time. should be good.

reason we cant go fri-mon is because a couple of teachers are coming with, and they have to be in work on mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566