Statement from Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a nice statement but let's not get carried away. He may have turned things around, but at the moment we don't look good enough considering what we have spent and the quality of players that we have at our disposal. No point in just having a nice manager in charge if he isn't taking us anywhere.

And as Homer says, I reckon I could write something similar if I'd just been sacked with a £1m pay-out.

A thoroughly decent bloke whom I had a lot of time for as Leicester manager. Always magnanimous in defeat and 100% behind his players, its a shame it didnt work out for him. Football, in the modern world, is a results driven business where time waits for no man, no matter who they are. Whoever comes in to replace him will face exactly the same scenario - promotion this season or you're out. The only difference is they have 33 games to do it and not 46.

Very nice. Surprised we didn't try and keep him at the club in a more administrative role - or maybe we did?

Cheers Sven.

Nice bloke.

We need a bit of a bastard this time around.

'Gracious' me arse, it's pick-n-mix-platitudes

I actually think Davies would easily get us up, maybe not this season but definitely the following, but I wouldn't be too keen to have him as manager as he comes across as a horrible person as well as the obvious Derby & Forest connection too.

Not getting too worried by the potential though as there is no way Top & Co would settle for someone whos world profile is akin to his.

Did he ever actually play for us though?

Plus it was before I was born so doesn't count!

Yes.

He wasn't used to living in a civilised country though, so he buggered off back to Scotland as soon as he could.

Hahaha :icon_lol:

Did he play much though as my first comment was based on what my egg chasing colleague told me today after looking up on Wiki but I've just looked him up on soccerbase too which is usually pretty reliable but that also says zero apps for us?

Not trying to pick fault but genuinely interested because as I say, it was before my time so would have no recollection of him being with us.

Hahaha :icon_lol:

Did he play much though as my first comment was based on what my egg chasing colleague told me today after looking up on Wiki but I've just looked him up on soccerbase too which is usually pretty reliable but that also says zero apps for us?

Not trying to pick fault but genuinely interested because as I say, it was before my time so would have no recollection of him being with us.

Soccerbase doesn't have appearance stats going back that far. Wikipedia is wrong. I'll look it up in OF&F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669