Stockdale staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen the replay of the 2nd goal, but from where I was sitting it looked like Warner should have done better.

Not seen the replay of the 2nd goal, but from where I was sitting it looked like Warner should have done better.

A goalkeeper, as last line of defence is always going to be shown up by mistakes.
The ball should never have been allowed to be crossed, then the old man "Dobbie" should never have been allowed to get a clean header on the ball.

So, obviously, it's Warners fault because "everyone" knows he's a poor mans David James!:icon_roll

Does anyone know what has happened to Martin: I presume that we do not expect to see him in a City shirt again?

A goalkeeper, as last line of defence is always going to be shown up by mistakes.
The ball should never have been allowed to be crossed, then the old man "Dobbie" should never have been allowed to get a clean header on the ball.

So, obviously, it's Warners fault because "everyone" knows he's a poor mans David James!:icon_roll

Did I say it was Warner's fault? I just thought he should have done better. As I said I havent seen a replay but the header seemed from a distance, without much power, yet he didnt get near it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stockdale is promoted back to first choice keeper for the rest of the season hence the announcment, I doubt he would stay just to be a bench warmer in League 1.

Get him back in goal. Didn't really like Warner at Millwall despite a few good stops. Watching the goals from Saturday, I thought he made an error of judgement on the pair of them.

Last edited:
Sounds like a keeper is one of our priorities for next season (there are a few). Unless Martin is injured, NP doesn't rate him and it seems Hendo is off to pastures new.

I wonder if Stockdale is on NP's wanted list or if he has brand new targets for next season?

Sounds like a keeper is one of our priorities for next season (there are a few). Unless Martin is injured, NP doesn't rate him and it seems Hendo is off to pastures new.

I wonder if Stockdale is on NP's wanted list or if he has brand new targets for next season?

If he was then surely he'd be playing him instead of that useless flapping headless chicken who played on Saturday

The defence seemed a lot better as a unit when Martin was in goal.We seemed to have deteriated defensively since Martin got injured

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570