Stoke tickets - the latest position

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
The negotiations about a further allocation of tickets for Stoke have been going on at CEO level. With Stoke failing to follow obey the regulations, the Football League and the FA are also involved. Further discussions were due to take place about an hour after the conclusion of last night's game.

The club already has a huge file of requests for tickets, dating back to emails sent on Tuesday. Even in the event that further tickets are received, it is doubtful that any will be available for sale after those orders have been dealt with; there may well not even be enough to meet present requests. The best hope of getting a ticket would seem to be in persuading an already-ticketed mate that he doesn't fancy a fruitless trip across the A50 to watch a useless shower of shite.

Last edited:

Ched

Nice to see that they're fighting it, but we shouldn't be in this position anyway. Surely if we take the full allocation straight away, like we are entitled to, there wouldn't be a problem.

The FA or Football League won't change anything, they can't take tickets of home fans can they?!

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Nice to see that they're fighting it, but we shouldn't be in this position anyway. Surely if we take the full allocation straight away, like we are entitled to, there wouldn't be a problem.

The FA or Football League won't change anything, they can't take tickets of home fans can they?!

No, but they can ensure fair treatment in the allocation of the tickets as yet unsold by either club. It is my understanding that 1,600 tickets have been sold by each club, which means there are another 1,600 still unsold. This is rather more than is needed for segregation purposes and, hopefully, the concerted action will bring our total allocation to at least the minimum specified in the regulations.

I agree with you though that we should have made a timely application for an adequate allocation. This is not the first time we have got ourselves into the same situation on the last day of the season.

Ched

No, but they can ensure fair treatment in the allocation of the tickets as yet unsold by either club. It is my understanding that 1,600 tickets have been sold by each club, which means there are another 1,600 still unsold. This is rather more than is needed for segregation purposes and, hopefully, the concerted action will bring our total allocation to at least the minimum specified in the regulations.

I agree with you though that we should have made a timely application for an adequate allocation. This is not the first time we have got ourselves into the same situation on the last day of the season.

It's a very sad state of affairs to be honest. How can a person (Paul Aldridge?) who is supposed to have the best interests of this club at heart, can make a decsion like that? It baffles me.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
It's a very sad state of affairs to be honest. How can a person (Paul Aldridge?) who is supposed to have the best interests of this club at heart, can make a decsion like that? It baffles me.

I am certain that the application for the initial allocation will have been decided on by a somebody further down the tree than CEO. The matter will have been escalated to that level because of the dificulties. It is however something from which the club must learn and I trust that the various supporters' clubs, the Foxes Trust and individual fans will be lobbying the club to inquire into whether anybody at Leicester was culpable and asking them to ensure that this kind of thing never happens again.

Ched

I am certain that the application for the initial allocation will have been decided on by a somebody further down the tree than CEO. The matter will have been escalated to that level because of the dificulties. It is however something from which the club must learn and I trust that the various supporters' clubs, the Foxes Trust and individual fans will be lobbying the club to inquire into whether anybody at Leicester was culpable and asking them to ensure that this kind of thing never happens again.

I've contacted the Foxes Trust, so hopefully they'll get a decent answer.

I can only imagine the club didn't think this game would be that important, perhaps thinking we'd beat Sheff Wed and be safe. :icon_roll

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I've contacted the Foxes Trust, so hopefully they'll get a decent answer.

I can only imagine the club didn't think this game would be that important, perhaps thinking we'd beat Sheff Wed and be safe. :icon_roll

I don't normally like the use of the 'rolling eyes smiley', but yours sums up the situation more exactly than words ever could.

Fox Fan

Well had we won yesterday it wouldn't have really been an issue. We would have been safe and therefore plenty of people would have decided against it.

Ched

Well had we won yesterday it wouldn't have really been an issue. We would have been safe and therefore plenty of people would have decided against it.

I still think we'd of taken more than 1,600 to be honest. That's not the case anyway, it is an issue and one that the club probably won't admit that they got wrong.

Bezu Fache Fox

Does anyone know of any websites where football tickets can be purchased? I've had a quick look, but have found nothing for the weekend's game.

City Fan

Does anyone know of any websites where football tickets can be purchased? I've had a quick look, but have found nothing for the weekend's game.

www.lcfc.com? :102:

And there's no point looking because as things stand, its a sellout.

Foxes_Trust

We will be quizzing the club about the circumstances behind this allocation.

Even if we had won yesterday, our fans have a tradition of high attendance at the last away game of the season & given Stoke isn't a long journey, we believe the allocation would have been taken up anyway.

Boy Genius

Banned
We will be quizzing the club about the circumstances behind this allocation.

Even if we had won yesterday, our fans have a tradition of high attendance at the last away game of the season & given Stoke isn't a long journey, we believe the allocation would have been taken up anyway.

Just when we think things can get no worse, Wolfie Smith and his boys jump in.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Someone should tell ebay then, there's always tickets on there.
What sort of shallow person would sell football tickets on eBay?, especially for an inflated price!!!!

I can only think one county in the UK where people would be so shallow.....bloody Nottingham.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Boy Genius

Banned
So how much would somebody be prepared to pay for a Stoke ticket then? £250?.......:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669