Stop poisoning the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is, you are advocating a demo outisde the walkers to try and get a manager reinstated who ha been here for 4 games

thanks bg and macky for pointing out that im not advocating anything of the sort regarding a 'demo' outside the walkers.i think its clear the point im trying to make.

i dare say,maybe at chelsea's next game, there will chanting by some in the crowd in favour of reinstating jose, or even abramovich 'out'.it will be interesting to see if it does, and what the reaction afterwards will be in the press regarding the chairman and new manager.

Mourinho had a bit more success than Martin Allen ever will.
you maybe right drew:icon_wink

although if mm left us we would be in the shite, and ,if abramorich left chelsea i dare say the same could be said

Last edited:
As MM skillfully bought the club on the cheap, we know he has intelligence, unlike those who blindly supported his takeover & now have the hump with him because he is running a club as he always does

I agree with much of your post but in fairness many people who supported Milan's takeover always understood his ways - and the downside of his methods. However, there really wasn't a lot of choice.

I think even Milan needs to be a bit careful in talking about "poisoning the club". There are plenty of idiots amongst Leicester supporters as there are with any other club but I don't think Milan should get involved at their level.

The biggest issues are that so far we are 20th in the table; have won only one league match and I fear that the current squad may have similar difficulties in achieving consistency to the squads of the last few seasons. Whoever was responsible for player recruitment this summer doesn't seem to have made a particularly good job....but it is early days; they need time to gel and we have been doggged by more management instability.

A few silly chants by the naive do not rate as significance compared with the above.

it feels like milan has made his first bad decision in sacking allen, and what could potentially be his second mistake in bringing in GM, cant he handle the disgruntled city fans? Leicester fans have said much worse things about much worse people, so milan needs to get used to the fact that we're not going to perminantly agree with him.

To be fair, we have only lost one match too...

Drawn games stopped being much use when they changed the points system Alex.

Drawn games equals 46 points per season equals relegation.

We have been drawing far too many games for a few seasons now and it will take us nowhere.

I think that MM and a few people have taken this so far out of context that it is unbelievable. I don't for 1 minute think that anyone wants a protest or anything of the sort. It was a 30 second chant about the previous manager. I have been a city fan for over 40 years and have heard the crowd chant for a previous manager before. The difference being that previous chairman put it down to experience got on with life and didn't comment. Because MM has chosen to call them poisenous it has managed to go for over 180 threads on this forum alone, whereas if he had said nothing we wouldn't be discussing it now. The only conclusion I can draw from it is he is either a complete megolomaniac or he has a guilty consience which caused him greivance. But either way it is still way over the top!!

or they were just too timid and scared to do anything. The previous lot were shite and you know it.

Milan has asked for some of the fans who were chanting for Martin Allen to come and see him at the Walkers on Thursday evening!

He would like them to explain why they did it and then tell them why they are wrong!

I would be very interested in hearing what he had to say for himself from those TB'ers who were chanting for MA2, and would obviously take the opportunity to explain themselves to Milan / have a go about his 'poisoning the club' comments.

Milan has asked for some of the fans who were chanting for Martin Allen to come and see him at the Walkers on Thursday evening!

He would like them to explain why they did it and then tell them why they are wrong!

I would be very interested in hearing what he had to say for himself from those TB'ers who were chanting for MA2, and would obviously take the opportunity to explain themselves to Milan / have a go about his 'poisoning the club' comments.
where did you get this info from :102:

I wasn't one of those chanting (I wasn't there!) but I would love to go and hear this. Where are the details officially given?

I wasn't one of those chanting (I wasn't there!) but I would love to go and hear this. Where are the details officially given?

I read it on the blue army site so it should be in the mockery. You should see it on News Now.

I read it on the blue army site so it should be in the mockery. You should see it on News Now.

Thanks - it is as follows:

Milan Mandaric today opens his heart to Leicester City fans.

In a frank and emotional interview, the City owner and chairman said he was “confused and angry” at the chanting of former manager Martin Allen's name during the midweek Carling Cup win at Nottingham Forest.

And Mandaric today told the Mercury that he wanted those who sang for the former manager to attend a special meeting at the Walkers Stadium on Thursday.

Mandaric said: “It is not up to me to tell the fans what to sing.

“But do these people think, in all seriousness, that Martin Allen is a more important issue than the club they have supported for years?

“I don't. I don't understand why they sang it and I'm finding it hard to forget.”

And he added: “Maybe now we need one of those €˜clear the air' family chats.

“So that's what I propose. If you're one of the fans who would rather sing for Martin Allen than Leicester City, come and see me.

“Please, come down to the Walkers Stadium at 7pm on Thursday and tell me why you sang it.
Mandaric added: “I'll meet you, face to face, and I'll listen to what you have to say.

“Then I'll tell you why I think you were wrong.

“For 45 minutes, maybe the Walkers Stadium will become the OK Corral on Thursday. I am prepared for that.”

thanks.

mm... “Please, come down to the Walkers Stadium at 7pm on Thursday and tell me why you sang it.
Mandaric added: “I'll meet you, face to face, and I'll listen to what you have to say.

fair comment.anybody going from here

Last edited:
thanks.

mm... “Please, come down to the Walkers Stadium at 7pm on Thursday and tell me why you sang it.

fair comment.anybody going from here

It's this bit that makes me smile:
“For 45 minutes, maybe the Walkers Stadium will become the OK Corral on Thursday. I am prepared for that.”

I urge everybody to read the full Mandaric interview on pages 10 and 11 of today's (Saturday's) Leicester Mercury.

I bet there aren't many on here who will have the balls to go and meet him next Thursday after reading it.

No one was more disappointed than me when Allen was sacked. He was the only reason I bought a season ticket but after now realising how determined Milan was to sack him, it's now time to move on.

Let's see how many who regularly post on here actually go to see MM. I bet no more than you can count on one hand.....

I urge everybody to read the full Mandaric interview on pages 10 and 11 of today's (Saturday's) Leicester Mercury.

I bet there aren't many on here who will have the balls to go and meet him next Thursday after reading it.

No one was more disappointed than me when Allen was sacked. He was the only reason I bought a season ticket but after now realising how determined Milan was to sack him, it's now time to move on.

Let's see how many who regularly post on here actually go to see MM. I bet no more than you can count on one hand.....

Thats probably because most of us regulars on here didn't agree with or play any part in the chanting in the first place.

Last edited:
Milan really takes these shouts seriously, maybe a bit too seriously? I think it's pretty clear that those who sang don't have a clue what has happened inside the club for the last weeks, neither have I and that's why I can't say such things.

I think Milan is a bit frustrated that results haven't been as good as he had planned, therefore he feels like he has to defend every decision. I'll just wait and see (I can't really make much impact over here so... :))

I'll be going. It will be interesting to see if it is a case where he actually listens to what is said or if it is a case where he simply talks down to us. But respect to the guy for having the guts to do it though. You have to give him credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669