storm watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the area of the top of the funnel that catches the rain is ten times that of the container, then you can use a scale where 1 cm collected in the container represents 1 mm of rainfall.

Is that by using 10 containers attached to each funnel?

Walked down Soar valley way this evening and i cant recall seeing the fields so flooded. The River Soar itself just blended in with the surrounding fields. Its now belting it down again.

Walked down Soar valley way this evening and i cant recall seeing the fields so flooded. The River Soar itself just blended in with the surrounding fields. Its now belting it down again.

The Soar at that particular point bursts its banks every time there is a slightest drop of rain.

Was like it nearly every other week when I used to walk to JJB>

The Soar at that particular point bursts its banks every time there is a slightest drop of rain.

Was like it nearly every other week when I used to walk to JJB>

Yep it does flood easy but the levels of water going upto Asda and the back of PC World were at a level that i cant recall

What does the canal look like? I am supposed to be going along there in a few weeks time. Not that we'll be able to get there because the Trent will probably be shut.

Last edited:
What does the canal look like? I am supposed to be going along there in a few weeks time. Not that we'll be able to get there because the Trent will probably be shut.

2004-06-05-154312.jpg
:icon_wink

>Major floods hit North Britain...
> Epicentre: Rotherham, England
>
>
> News of the disaster was swiftly carried abroad by the town's 35,000
>racing pigeons, as victims were seen wandering around aimlessly
>muttering "fookinhell" and "chuffinnorah".
>
> The flood decimated the town, causing almost £30 worth of damage.
>Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearic Isles and
>the Spanish Costas were damaged beyond repair. Three areas of historic
>burnt out cars were ruined.
>
> Many locals were woken well before their Giro arrived. Radio station
>RotherFM reported that hundreds of residents were confused and
>bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something
>interesting had happened in Rotherham. One resident, 15 year old mother
>of 3, Tracey Sharon Braithwaite said:
> "It were such a shock, my little lass Chardonnay-Madonna came
>running into my bedroom crying. The twins, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm
>slept through it all. I were still shaking when I were watching Kilroy
>t' next morning".
>
> However, locals were determined not to be bowed, as looting,
>muggings and car crime carried on as normal.
>
> So far, whilst the British Red Cross has managed to ship 4000 crates
>of Sunny Delight to the area to relieve the suffering of stricken
>locals, rescue workers searching through the rubble have found large
>quantities of personal belongings including benefit books, jewellery
>from Elizabeth Duke at Argos, and bone china from Pound-Stretcher.
>
> Can You Help?
>
> Please respond generously to our appeal for food and clothing for
>the victims of this disaster.
>
> Clothing is needed most of all, especially:
> * Fila or Burberry baseball caps
> * Kappa tracksuit tops (his / hers)
> * Shell suits (female)
> * White sports socks
> * Rockfort boots or any other product sold by Primark.
>
> Culturally sensitive food parcels are harder to put together, but
>your efforts will make a difference.
>
> Microwave meals, tinned baked beans, ice-cream and cans of Colt 45
>or Special Brew are ideal.
>
> Please do not donate anything that requires peeling.
>
> Remember:
> 22p buys a biro for filling in compensation claims ? £2 buys chips,
>crisps and a blue fizzy drink for a family of 9 £5 will pay for a
>packet of B&H and a lighter to calm a child's nerves. And for only the
>price of a bottle of house sparkling wine in a south west London pub
>will be able to buy a house for a typical household of 9 + 3 dogs!
>
> Urgently required: Tinned whippet food, Caesar for Jack Russells.
>
> Please do not send tents for shelter - the obvious improvement in
>housing might cause residents to believe they have been forcibly
>relocated to Sheffield.

Considering the weather we have been enjoying, this is a very appropriate

Two by two!

In the year 2006, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in England and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and overpopulated, and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the CAD drawings, saying, "You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark.

"Noah!" He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"*

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed. I needed Building Regulations Approval. I've been arguing with the Fire Brigade about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbours claim that I should have obtained planning permission for building the Ark in my
garden because it is development of the site even though in my view it is a temporary structure.

We had to go to appeal to the Secretary of State for a decision. Then the Department of Transport demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. All the decent trees have Tree Preservation Orders on them and we live in a Site of Special Scientific Interest set up in order to protect the spotted owl.

I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go.

When I started gathering the animals, the RSPCA sued me. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will.

They argued the accommodation was too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the County Council, the Environment Agency and the Rivers Authority ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Equal Opportunities Commission on how many BMEs I'm supposed to hire for my building team.

The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only CSCS accredited workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, Customs and Excise seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky. Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. "The government beat me to it.'

:icon_bigg
nice leroy

2004-06-05-154312.jpg
:icon_wink

I name that lock as the Bottom Lock of the Watford flight on the Grand Union Canal (Leicester Section) and I claim my five pounds.

Considering the weather we have been enjoying, this is a very appropriate

Two by two!

In the year 2006, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in England and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and overpopulated, and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the CAD drawings, saying, "You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark.

"Noah!" He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"*

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed. I needed Building Regulations Approval. I've been arguing with the Fire Brigade about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbours claim that I should have obtained planning permission for building the Ark in my
garden because it is development of the site even though in my view it is a temporary structure.

We had to go to appeal to the Secretary of State for a decision. Then the Department of Transport demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. All the decent trees have Tree Preservation Orders on them and we live in a Site of Special Scientific Interest set up in order to protect the spotted owl.

I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go.

When I started gathering the animals, the RSPCA sued me. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will.

They argued the accommodation was too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the County Council, the Environment Agency and the Rivers Authority ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Equal Opportunities Commission on how many BMEs I'm supposed to hire for my building team.

The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only CSCS accredited workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, Customs and Excise seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky. Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. "The government beat me to it.'

:icon_lol:

At school, I was caned & sent out of the classroom for asking how Noah fed the lions & tigers for a whole year while they were on the ark.

In fairness though, I was trying to wind the **** up.

There is a Big Depression hanging over here today but it should shift South tomorrow..I am having the day off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669