Post Match Sunderland 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the back 5 generally played OK.

It was our midfield and forwards that were overrun putting immense pressure on the defence.

However in terms of defence mistakes, why we do we not put players on the posts at corners? I thought that was standard practice.

Am I allowed to be angry with the team yet?

God yes, we passed that a while ago

You should also be getting angry with the person who is refusing to make the bleeding obvious changes needed and is going with the same failing formula every single week

Two seasons ago we were bottom three but playing good football.

Playing good football - do remember that?

Sunderland won't be going down. And neither will we.

What? both teams should be odds on for the drop. we need a clear out in January. how the **** okazaki benched today is beyond me. ulloa must stand about scratching his balls in training if he's not close to the team.

CLAUDIO: "We did our best today, but it wasn't enough. We have to keep working hard in training and trust the bad moment will turn." #SunLei

I hope to god it will 'turn'.

Who else thinks it's ridiculous that red cards can be rescinded but yellow cards can't? Fuchs out for the Man City game due to an excellent tackle which was judged to be not only a foul but a yellow card too. Crap rule if you ask me.

If you hang around long enough he'll post some cracking player ratings

Unmissable stuff

Homer 0/10 Normal stuff, negativity before and afterwards, with a few digs at posters in a superior manner
Mawsley -10/10 Might make a football post one day but unlikely, sure to have something that the inner circle thinks is funny to say though

CLAUDIO: "We did our best today, but it wasn't enough. We have to keep working hard in training and trust the bad moment will turn." #SunLei

I hope to god it will 'turn'.

Oh **** off. the persistence with the same players suggests he genuinely believeso that

What? both teams should be odds on for the drop. we need a clear out in January. how the **** okazaki benched today is beyond me. ulloa must stand about scratching his balls in training if he's not close to the team.

I'd say that Hull are the hot favourites with boro second favourites.

Out of interest, if we get relegated we will clearly be the first ever relegated defending Champions in the Premier League, but has that ever happened in any other league?

I'd suggest boro were far better than us last week,

I'd agree but from what I've seen over the season we're better than them.

Guess we just need to get round to proving it again ;)

I posted the following on 11th Sept and got a right hammering by all of you. Not so far away from the truth though was it?

"Our priority should be to get some points on the board as early as possible in the league. Are we so arrogant as to take our place in the Premier League for granted already?

So far, we're not doing a good enough job. Our next three away games are Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. If we play anything like we have done so far. they will be three confidence sapping defeats.

This means our home matches become ever more important. Immediately following our first five Champions League games are absolutely huge home league games that we can't afford to go into half arsed because we've battered ourselves in the week.

If we prioritise the Champions League, I think we're heading for a relegation scrap because we won't pick up enough points from these matches and then we'll be stuck down there. If we make it through the Champions League group and then get battered by the first decent side we play, as is inevitable, will it be worth it? I don't think so."

Good point

Oh **** off. the persistence with the same players suggests he genuinely believeso that

Exactly as I said - blissfully ignorant. I think he's probably too nice to turn this around and we're just hoping any additions in January will have the desired effect.

Hernandez must be wondering what the **** he has to do and to whom to get into this shower of shit at the moment. We are so short of options in midfield it's untrue.

I'm still to be convinced on Slimani's ability to do much with the ball at his feet and King.... well..... I think we all know what to think about Andy King. Amartey was unfairly criticised today. None of them were superb but he was one of the better ones, comparatively at any rate.

As for our attack, well, toothless is as polite an adjective as I can conjure up right now. Vardy isn't getting the correct service and on the rare occasions he does his confidence is shot to pieces and he is scared stiff to have a punt.

Onwards and..... erm....... well, onwards anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566