Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my first away match since our 1-1 draw with Chelsea in the 2021/22 season. I'm looking forward to the atmosphere but, crikey, this game will be very stressful.

Here's a radical idea Enzo, maybe you don't 'have' to pack out the midfield every single game. You've got shit loads of players that currently suit a slightly different formation. Maybe, just maybe, there might be something in that. You can return to your Plan A when it makes sense to. Just a thought.

Here's a radical idea Enzo, maybe you don't 'have' to pack out the midfield every single game. You've got shit loads of players that currently suit a slightly different formation. Maybe, just maybe, there might be something in that. You can return to your Plan A when it makes sense to. Just a thought.

The options he has available are good enough to beat qpr, Sunderland etc. The problem yesterday was clearly not personnel and more that repeating the same shit wasn't working. He's not going to change that.

He got beat by the biggest nothing team we've played yesterday.

They didn't try to do anything at all.

The Dennis Praet of football teams did us because we are so wooden

The options he has available are good enough to beat qpr, Sunderland etc. The problem yesterday was clearly not personnel and more that repeating the same shit wasn't working. He's not going to change that.
To be honest, why would he change things. After all, we are top of the table. Don't tell me that teams have suddenly sussed out how to play against us. I don't buy that. We've had a blip earlier in the season and recovered without changing anything that much, so who's to say we won't recover again? The blip last time was against similar teams and I fully expect this blip to end very soon without radical changes.

To be honest, why would he change things. After all, we are top of the table. Don't tell me that teams have suddenly sussed out how to play against us. I don't buy that. We've had a blip earlier in the season and recovered without changing anything that much, so who's to say we won't recover again? The blip last time was against similar teams and I fully expect this blip to end very soon without radical changes.

Changes don't have to be permanent. Good managers change things from game to game and even in games. Even the likes of Ferguson's Man Utd had to shithouse some wins despite being the best in the league. Nobody who saw yesterday's performance would have grumbled if we'd deviated from doing the same shit we'd seen was ineffective. The problems we've seen from games such as Leeds are the same as was evident before this blip. Meh, I suppose I'm just hopeful but not expecting the bloke to learn from mistakes.

Changes don't have to be permanent. Good managers change things from game to game and even in games. Even the likes of Ferguson's Man Utd had to shithouse some wins despite being the best in the league. Nobody who saw yesterday's performance would have grumbled if we'd deviated from doing the same shit we'd seen was ineffective. The problems we've seen from games such as Leeds are the same as was evident before this blip. Meh, I suppose I'm just hopeful but not expecting the bloke to learn from mistakes.
I’m inclined to agree. After (at most) 30 minutes it was obvious that this was ‘one of those games’ where we needed to change things up and by that I don’t mean change players for players doing the same role.

We needed two up top with Cannon alongside either Daka or Vardy and we needed good crosse from the byline.

What we ended up with was nothing and we plodded through the game with no change on gear. We need to be able to quickly adapt to ‘in game’ issues and change things. Maharishi and Fatawu were ‘out of the game’ from very early on and it was obvious to see that they were going to get zero joy so in this case Albrighton plus Cannon for one of our wingers plus AN Other was what was required, we did nothing.

It was clear there was no way we were turning this round without this and as such the crowd was flat. Enzo has to learn quickly that even though his system works for 75% of games, there are times to move things around a bit.

We have now managed to bring unwanted pressure upon ourselves when we have key players such as N’didi, Vesty and Ricardo out.

Something slightly different is needed in this game and I would suggest it is two up top.

Couldn't get my head around cannon coming on and then playing in that position, was absolutely pointless

I’m inclined to agree. After (at most) 30 minutes it was obvious that this was ‘one of those games’ where we needed to change things up and by that I don’t mean change players for players doing the same role.

We needed two up top with Cannon alongside either Daka or Vardy and we needed good crosse from the byline.

What we ended up with was nothing and we plodded through the game with no change on gear. We need to be able to quickly adapt to ‘in game’ issues and change things. Maharishi and Fatawu were ‘out of the game’ from very early on and it was obvious to see that they were going to get zero joy so in this case Albrighton plus Cannon for one of our wingers plus AN Other was what was required, we did nothing.

It was clear there was no way we were turning this round without this and as such the crowd was flat. Enzo has to learn quickly that even though his system works for 75% of games, there are times to move things around a bit.

We have now managed to bring unwanted pressure upon ourselves when we have key players such as N’didi, Vesty and Ricardo out.

Something slightly different is needed in this game and I would suggest it is two up top.
Maharishi sounds a good player but he ain’t no Mavididi.

The bed really is sodden after yesterday…

Out of interest, if we do get promoted does that mean the system is right? Not sure I can put up with everyone whinging about it next season as well…

Out of interest, if we do get promoted does that mean the system is right? Not sure I can put up with everyone whinging about it next season as well…

If we go up then it's worked enough. I personally don't have an issue if it works enough to see us over the line. But when we stick to it even when it isn't working it is a concern, as was the case under Ted and Puel.

I don't think some people will ever embrace football as it is now. Maybe when the next top name comes up with a different style of play it might be more universally accepted. Who knows. But I don't imagine we'd see a huge change in style under a different manager, it's just how the game is now. The moaners will continue to moan while others moan that the moaners are moaning.

So, looking at the fixtures in March, we play tomorrow and then on Saturday (A) at Hull then don’t have another league fixture until the 29th of March.

Tomorrow:
Sunderland v LCFC
Leeds v Stoke
Ipswich v Brustol City

Wednesday:
Southampton v PNE

Friday:
Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday

Saturday:
Hull v LCFC
Cardiff v Ipswich

17/3
Leeds v Millwall

Still top of the league by the end of this run of fixtures do you think?

So, looking at the fixtures in March, we play tomorrow and then on Saturday (A) at Hull then don’t have another league fixture until the 29th of March.

Tomorrow:
Sunderland v LCFC Struggling to think we'll draw or win
Leeds v Stoke 3 points Leeds
Ipswich v Brustol City 3 points Ipswich

Wednesday:
Southampton v PNE 3 points Southampton

Friday:
Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday 3 points Leeds

Saturday:
Hull v LCFC 1 point Leicester
Cardiff v Ipswich 1 point Ipswich

17/3
Leeds v Millwall 3 points Millwall

Still top of the league by the end of this run of fixtures do you think?
Doubts that we'll be top, although a game in hand on Leeds

Any chance Ndidi will be back for this?

Would be very useful to have him back soon, especially if Ricardo is out

Herms
Doyle
Coady
Faes
Justin
Fatawu
Dewsbury Hall
Winks
Mavididi