Super 8 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you looking at the Cricket forum then?

Ok, I apologise, Jessel, why were you looking at the Cricket forum?

imo the last 4 will be Aussies, South Africa, New Zealand and England.

Looks like the Windies could be heading for a 2nd straight defeat making Englands game against Sri Lanka massive. Aus, S Africa, and N Zealand looking strong and making it a 3 way fight between England, Windies and Sri Lanka for the last semi-final spot

As far as I'm concerned NZ are Australia are as good as through to the semis and the Windies are out.

That makes it a three way contest for the final two spots. The games we have against SL and SA will be absolutely crucial if we are to get to the semis.

Last edited:
we need NZ to win as many as they can if they win today

Last edited:
Like i said the Sri Lanka game is looking like do or die, espeically after the Windies defeat against N.Zealand. I'm beginning to think that a path to the semi finals is opening up providing we win the next two games

Correct

New Zealand on the way to another victory

They are doing very well - hope we avoid them in the semi's!

I've just made a spreadsheet to try and work out the final positions (yes, I'm aware of how sad and pathetic that is)

The big games are definately tomorrow's against SL and the one against SA. We need to win one, if not both, to go through. (As well as beating WI and Bangladesh)

I think we'll beat WI and Bangladesh which will give us 6 points. If we can squeeze a result from one of the others, we'll be almosty certain to qualify.

no they won't, no chance.

Australia, NZ and SL are guaranteed semi-finalists now. The game between England and South Africa will pretty much decide who gets the final spot.

It would be hilarious if England qualified for the semis having only beaten one decent side. I hope it happens just to see the look on Graeme Smith's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669