Surrey cc home

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Wow with Taylor out, cobb dropped/rested and White presumably rested our batting line up contains two debutants. Least experienced batting line up ever?

And Jeffers and Boyce, our 'experience', are already out...

Boyce
Jefferson
Smith
Thakor
Eckersley
Rob Taylor from loughborough uni
Dixey
4 Bowlers

Last edited:
Wow with Taylor out, cobb dropped/rested and White presumably rested our batting line up contains two debutants. Least experienced ever?

And Jeffers and Boyce, our 'experience' are already out...

Boyce
Jefferson
Smith
Thakor
Eckersley
Rob Taylor from loughborough uni
Dixey
4 Bowlers

Oh. I assumed the Taylor was James Taylor.

This could be over within 2 days unless you get the rain that we've got down here in Kent (might even get a draw in that case!)

Boyce once again fails. His days are numbered surely?

Why bat first in conditions that are totally suited for bowling?????!!!! Especially as tomorrow is supposed to be an improved forecast.

Will this be another sub 100 or even sub 50 score?

This has to be our worst team in years. We just can't bat.

And what now for Tom New? Dixey playing in all forms of cricket.

And is Nadeem Malik injured? He is in his last year of his contract so maybe he is on his way out?

Why bat first in conditions that are totally suited for bowling?????!!!! Especially as tomorrow is supposed to be an improved forecast.

Will this be another sub 100 or even sub 50 score?

This has to be our worst team in years. We just can't bat.

And what now for Tom New? Dixey playing in all forms of cricket.

And is Nadeem Malik injured? He is in his last year of his contract so maybe he is on his way out?

Re: Decision - I have literally no idea. I am in Kent so don't even know what the decisions are like, but some of Hoggard's captaincy has been puzzling to say the least.

Re: Batting lineup - Agreed. Poor. I wonder if some players are being rested for the t20 at the weekend. Potentially very lucrative.

Re: Tom New - if he is on his way out, I'd be a bit surprised after the constant faith shown in him for far too long. His keeping is so so and his batting is not up to scratch. An area we need to strengthen. To be fair to Dixey, although he also is very very mediocre (possibly sub-mediocre) - he is coming off the back of a fifty. Apart from Taylor and White, I can't remember the last CC 50? (someone will now tell me it was very recent!)

Re: Nadeem Malik. I really hope we're keeping him. If we're not making him an offer it's shades of Allenby all over again.

The CC has been an unmitigated disaster. Clearly they are now using the rest of the season to test players for next season. As usual the lack of information from the club is not helping. Where has Malik been? Has White been rested today?

Sadly even the solid Will Jefferson has put in a run of terrible scores. Is there no coaching in place or are the players expected to get themselves out of this rut?

78/5

The CC has been an unmitigated disaster. Clearly they are now using the rest of the season to test players for next season. As usual the lack of information from the club is not helping. Where has Malik been? Has White been rested today?

Sadly even the solid Will Jefferson has put in a run of terrible scores. Is there no coaching in place or are the players expected to get themselves out of this rut?

78/5

Cobb, White and McDonald all rested whilst Taylor (J) on duty with England.

No mention of Gurney (is he fit? I note he didn't bat the other day?) or Malik.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....ckersley-Rob/story-13186165-detail/story.html

Also - I've just found out Gurney is injured and is a doubt for Saturday.

Last edited:
McDonald and Nixon we know are going. I think Du Toit must be earmarked for the exit door also, which I think is a shame but he's had a pretty wretched time of it. Kadeer Ali looks like he hasn't made it also. I think I saw New has a contract til 2012, and I reckon Boyce will stay, but if Taylor can move but chooses to stay he wants his head examining.

I think the priority has to be an overseas player who can bat at number 3. Dravid or Sangakara would do. But back in the real world I wonder if the Bangladeshi chap Tamim might be affordable?

Good work from Taylor. He made 100 against us for Loughborough so they must have seen something in him.

68-1 after 15 overs in reply to our 167. Truly if the CC were a boxing competition the referee would have long since intervened to save us from further punishment. The 4-day season is moving beyond farce.

Is Whitticase's position secure or is the 20/20 success enough?

3 wickets for both Thakor and Rob Taylor today, good stuff. As usual the bowling has been pretty tight just the incompetent batting once again.

Expect it will be over by around 3pm tomorrow.

Good ton by Jefferson at least but the first innings incompetence lost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669