Sven-Goran Eriksson in talks with .... Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem rather strange as to why he would leave when they are willing to pay him £40K a week for the next 5 years, especially at his age.

It is believed Campbell is unhappy with the club's progress over improving training facilities and the squad.

If that's his excuse then he's even more of a Berk than I thought. What a rigmarole :icon_roll

Spurs desperately need a centre back and they have Harry Redknapp in charge.

But surely not...?

Last edited:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'm just laughing because I realised how stupid my idea was.

Then again, so is 'Arry...

The FL never gave approval to the takeover as the investors remain a mystery. As for the manager, according to some fella at work a foreign manager has been lined up for the past two weeks.

I'm expecting them to try and make up a story saying they will get Ottmar Hitzfeld or someone, only to get Mintrel Van Stronderberg from the Dutch third division.

40k a week!!!! ffs!!! not that he went there for the money though...oh no

To be fair, if he was after the money, he wouldn't care less and just stay there for 5 years. I think he thought it was going to be a walk in the park in League 2 and had a surprise against Morecambe. Obviously he cares more about his reputation than getting 40k a week for 5 years...

He's Swedish apparently...waiting for the Swedish season to end he reckoned. He mentioned it about a week ago as I mentioned to him I watched them play Burton recently.

Interesting, very interesting. Keep us updated, Hazz.

...because the source wasn't this article, was it?:)

Oh, it's a bit old.

Last edited:
If I understand the rules correctly, he can't join another club until the transfer window opens again, owing to him having been registered to a club on the previous transfer deadline day.

If I understand the rules correctly, he can't join another club until the transfer window opens again, owing to him having been registered to a club on the previous transfer deadline day.

this is true.

Can't understand why he's done it...

They said on the news "he has an eye on returning to the national team for the World Cup"... which won't happen... but he'd surely have a better chance of it happening if he was playing, even in League 2, than not at all until January?

I'm guessing he'll go train with Spurs or someone until the window opens and he can find a club.

Very strange.

Sven was at Hambleton Hall the other day, staying for a few nights. And as my uncle is head chef he rekons that he got to speak to him and the other people he was with...one of which was Roberto Mancini....who is likely to become notts couty manager soonishhhhh

i heard sol was off to ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670