Sven replacing C Davis with Woodgate in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Sadly Curtis Davis has just announced that despite enjoying his time at City, he wants go back to Villa & fight for his place when the loan period expites Jan 5th.

Harry Redknapp is looking to loan Jonathon Woodgate out for a few months to a Championship club, to help build his fitness

Knowing Sven's penchant for top quality loan deals, that help the team performances & club profile, I bet he's on the dog & bone to 'Arry as we speak (note the clever use of cockney rhyming slang :icon_wink)

He's a bit of a back and front though, in fairness

(1) Curtis Davies is entirely overrated. Not got the stomach for the Championship.

(2) Jonathon Woodgate is exactly the type of Aryan supremacist we need at Leicester City. His arrival would make my millennium. While we're at it let's bring in Lee Bowyer and Rodney Marsh.

Jonathon Woodgate is exactly the type of Aryan supremacist we need at Leicester City. His arrival would make my millennium. While we're at it let's bring in Lee Bowyer and Rodney Marsh.
I know someone who claims to have been there that night Najeib had his face kicked in. She - a Leeds fan - told me the story of what "really" happened (ie her spin on events to make it sound better), and somehow the Leeds players - with the exception of precisely nobody, not even Michael Duberry - still came off sounding like a shower of absolute bastards :102:

(1) Curtis Davies is entirely overrated. Not got the stomach for the Championship.

(2) Jonathon Woodgate is exactly the type of Aryan supremacist we need at Leicester City. His arrival would make my millennium. While we're at it let's bring in Lee Bowyer and Rodney Marsh.

You've missed it by 10 years :icon_wink

I know someone who claims to have been there that night Najeib had his face kicked in. She - a Leeds fan - told me the story of what "really" happened (ie her spin on events to make it sound better), and somehow the Leeds players - with the exception of precisely nobody, not even Michael Duberry - still came off sounding like a shower of absolute bastards :102:

I'm not that well informed on this one, but yes, I've heard an account from someone who's worked with some of the ex Leeds boys and it didn't reflect all that well on any of them. But I prefer to watch what I say, because it'd be unfair to turn on this guy if he's been tarred with the Lee Bowyer brush, or something like that.

Plus, of course, he could well have grown up since then...

The same Jonathan Woodgate that hasn't played competitive football in over a year.

Let's confine this one to the bin and let him warm someone elses bench.

Although, I'm sure he would form a strong bond with Kirkland as they share some common ground on the physio's table.

Woodgate undoubtedly has the skills & experience

Building from the back instead of the old "hoof merchants" on the Leicester backline, would mesh nicely with the current team tactics

I hope Sven does the business again & gets Woodgate in on loan to link up with his old Spurs mate, Kylie Naughton

:038:

Jonathan Woodgate, Harry Redknapp and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club would refuse a loan deal due to the standard of the Championship.

It would be a sub-optimal re-habilitation.

Jonathan Woodgate, Harry Redknapp and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club would refuse a loan deal due to the standard of the Championship.

It would be a sub-optimal re-habilitation.

I think it's the sort of loan deal that our owners and Sven would seriously consider.

Personally, I think it wouldn't work on the basis that he'd last around one match if we were lucky. Guessing I would say that Woodgate is very close to either retiring or collecting a few dollars playing in the USA.

I think it's the sort of loan deal that our owners and Sven would seriously consider.

Personally, I think it wouldn't work on the basis that he'd last around one match if we were lucky. Guessing I would say that Woodgate is very close to either retiring or collecting a few dollars playing in the USA.

I agree and really Woodgate can only play in a division where the pace of the game is such that he does not have to exert himself physically.

The amusing thing about the Woodgate conjecture is the way that 'arry Rednapp has been talking up Woodgate's fitness in the last couple of weeks having previously talked about him being a maybe for March and the player himself declared himself available for the Christmas fixtures.

Spurs would obviously apprciate a few quid towards his wasted and costly wage bill.

The amusing thing about the Woodgate conjecture is the way that 'arry Rednapp has been talking up Woodgate's fitness in the last couple of weeks having previously talked about him being a maybe for March and the player himself declared himself available for the Christmas fixtures.

Spurs would obviously appreciate a few quid towards his wasted and costly wage bill.

Let me tell you a story. Many years ago I was part owner of a racehorse and although it had a fine pedigree and some form on the flat, it had the hocks of kitten. We got one race out of it before it was sold on.

The lesson I learnt was that it is no use having potential if the body cannot stand up to the rigours of a training and this case racing regime. I would suggest this is also true of professional sportsmen and women, especially in team games.

So why is it that some many footballers that are plainly not fit for purpose still get lucrative contracts? :icon_conf

From what I've seen of CD in recent games, I don't think he'd be over missed if he went back to Villa.

The Championship is a very physical league with high tempo matches coming thick and fast. Probably worst possible league for him. Doubt he'd fancy it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669