Sven, where's the money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spenner Prior it is then. If not Theo Zagorakis brought in more than we paid . Fatty Fenton was a big loss £1.1M paid, free transfer out. Sorry Swede.....

Spenner Prior it is then. If not Theo Zagorakis brought in more than we paid . Fatty Fenton was a big loss £1.1M paid, free transfer out. Sorry Swede.....

OK, badly worded, a 'signing unproven players and then getting them to perform well type of manager' then. :)

Look lads it's not right to joke about a bloke who is in such financial despair and has down to last half a dozen houses. Sven think about how you feel about what your agent has fine to you then multiply it by 500 and know you know how 20,000 Leicester fans feel .

Look lads it's not right to joke about a bloke who is in such financial despair and has down to last half a dozen houses. Sven think about how you feel about what your agent has fine to you then multiply it by 500 and know you know how 20,000 Leicester fans feel .

I can't agree. If you employ Sven, you know it will be expensive. Our owners chose him, backed him and then bottled it when the results stalled. Although his management of the team wasn't without issues, almost exclusively because he didn't commit sufficient intelligence to the role, I can't find any reason to blame him for where we are now.

If the owners didn't have the courage to carry on investing until they achieved their goal of promotion, they should never have employed him in the first place. They are totally to blame for the legacy of a inflated wage bill comprising of several unnecessary players (in the opinion of Sven's replacement).

I have little sympathy for a very rich man that makes no effort to look after his own money, but this is nothing like what happened when he was our manager.

Last edited:

Why would I feel that? He didn't take my personal money, he spent that of the club. He didn't do it illegally nor against the owners' wishes. His agent took his own money, against his knowledge it seems in an apparently illegal manner.

I have little sympathy for a very rich man that makes no effort to look after his own money, but this is nothing like what happened when he was our manager.

He did attempt to look after his money, he hired somebody whom he should have been able to trust. Lots of people, both celebrity and normal, have accountants to look after their money. My nan has an adviser who looks after her investments. It doesn't mean she doesn't care about that money, but that she wants somebody with more knowledge of that particular market to look after it for her. If he ripped her off she would rightly expect him to be brought to task over it.

Heaven forbid that anyone would actually blame the incompetent Thai ****s who presided over this embarrassingly imbecilic spending spree financed by loans to the club that it could never afford based on gate revenue alone.

Yes, it must have been Sven's fault for being the manager at the time. Boo Sven. Boo. Boo.

I hope the club shop launch a colouring-in book soon to keep some of the more challenged supporters occupied for the next couple of months.

Heaven forbid that anyone would actually blame the incompetent Thai ****s who presided over this embarrassingly imbecilic spending spree financed by loans to the club that it could never afford based on gate revenue alone.

Yes, it must have been Sven's fault for being the manager at the time. Boo Sven. Boo. Boo.

I hope the club shop launch a colouring-in book soon to keep some of the more challenged supporters occupied for the next couple of months.

Unless Sven was lying to them about currency exchange rates then I put the blame fully with the useless feckers in charge.

Sorry I foolishly thought Sven blew a lot of cash on shit 3rd rate players. It's the Thais fault can they leave now please then we will be fine .

Sorry I foolishly thought Sven blew a lot of cash on shit 3rd rate players. It's the Thais fault can they leave now please then we will be fine .

He had around a 50% success rate in transfers. Half were decent to good, half were average to shite. Given the scatter-gun approach at the time, that is about par for the course. NP's success rate with transfers is about the same.

Sorry I foolishly thought Sven blew a lot of cash on shit 3rd rate players.

He did. But I'm fairly certain he was there as manager and not chief exec. If we're going down the same route as banks of pretending owners/execs have no overall control can we at least blame the government?

He had around a 50% success rate in transfers. Half were decent to good, half were average to shite. Given the scatter-gun approach at the time, that is about par for the course. NP's success rate with transfers is about the same.
Not so much about the success rate, but more about the expensive failure rate.
Beckford, Johnson, ball, not exactly cheap on the wage bill

Not so much about the success rate, but more about the expensive failure rate.
Beckford, Johnson, ball, not exactly cheap on the wage bill

How is that the fault of the manager?

Such a likeable bloke - but he's made a succession of poor decisions and these have now caught up with him.

Still its unlikely that he will ever experience being hard up in the way that many ordinary folk do.

Whoever signed the cheques, do you think they would have brought those players in without some guidance from the manager?

I'm not saying spending the money was right, but can you imagine if it was known we had this money to spend and he didn't? Look at the stick Wenger is getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669