Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q33sNrncVmI[/YOUTUBE]

Micky

<mongie>
We ARE a top European club.
</mongie>

We ARE bloody useless at the moment. I even turned the job down as they offered me extra hours in LIDL.

Last edited:

alex

From what I know...

Sven has agreed to come to LCFC as he believes the new owners have the finances to make LCFC a successful Premiership club which he will feel a part of the making.
Sven has turned down a few 'cushy' numbers for this, as he did for Notts County as he really wants to take a club on the down and make them a club on the up. At Notts County he did a good job prior to leaving due to the financial nonsense.

For those who do not want Sven, can you please tell me why? I can only think that an appointment of this stature somehow changes the club for you? Can anyone honestly tell me why this is not an absolutely incredible appointment for us? Please don't talk Ivory Coast/Mexico crap. That is irrelevant.

Sven's record at club level is way and beyond anything we could have expected at the Walkers. The fact he is coming says that money will be spent to make this club a Premiership side before too long. Perhaps these are the reasons some of you are afraid of this appointment? As in, are we going to be a 'buying success' club? But I am afraid that that decision was made long before the appointment of a manager of the stature of Sven.

I for one am absolutely delighted.

SJN-Fox

From what I know...

Sven has agreed to come to LCFC as he believes the new owners have the finances to make LCFC a successful Premiership club which he will feel a part of the making.
Sven has turned down a few 'cushy' numbers for this, as he did for Notts County as he really wants to take a club on the down and make them a club on the up. At Notts County he did a good job prior to leaving due to the financial nonsense.

For those who do not want Sven, can you please tell me why? I can only think that an appointment of this stature somehow changes the club for you? Can anyone honestly tell me why this is not an absolutely incredible appointment for us? Please don't talk Ivory Coast/Mexico crap. That is irrelevant.

Sven's record at club level is way and beyond anything we could have expected at the Walkers. The fact he is coming says that money will be spent to make this club a Premiership side before too long. Perhaps these are the reasons some of you are afraid of this appointment? As in, are we going to be a 'buying success' club? But I am afraid that that decision was made long before the appointment of a manager of the stature of Sven.

I for one am absolutely delighted.

:038::038::038:

Mike - True Blue Tinter

"Yes can confirm Sven will be landing 10.30am and a car will be waiting with Lee Hoos to take him to the Walkers, Sky TV crew already here at the airport......"

Tina..., east mids airport...
Commented on 02-Oct-2010 07:26
(Mercury Comments...)

Is he here yet?

Redditch Fox

Sven is 62 and it is important that he is still up for the 'manager/ head coach' role and not as a director of whatever/figure head.

A few years ago we would have been amazed and delighted to see him appointed.

These days no one quite understands what the club is all about - and probably wouldn't like it very much if theydid undertand.

Overall, this is worth a try and at least the bloke is more modest and reasonable in the way he communicates than Sousa.

western road

One thing if it is Sven ...... then I hope hes a good man manager cos he has a hell of a job getting this lot playing winning football, with there confidence shot to pieces.
This window will help as will travelling overseas and only the foriegn media to worry about, but my god I wish you luck Sven

Mattmeister

One thing if it is Sven ...... then I hope hes a good man manager cos he has a hell of a job getting this lot playing winning football, with there confidence shot to pieces.
This window will help as will travelling overseas and only the foriegn media to worry about, but my god I wish you luck Sven

Anyone would think we are cast completely adrift at the bottom, with just a few games left and almost no hope.

I think since the Portsmouth match, people have gone all hysterical on the 'doom' front. As bad as that result was, in many games this season the team has shown that they can pass the ball, play well and create chances. Clearly defending has been the issue.

I think there's plenty of quality for Sven to work with and plenty of time for us to climb the table.

I'm with Alex on this - could be a big step forward.

alex

Some interesting points there, but I thought he did a good job at Man Shitty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669