Pre Match Swansea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been there? I have twice and if you were talking about Arsenal’s stadium, then I’d agree, but Spurs is brilliant for holding the noise in, as it’s much more on top of the pitch. I’d agree about a lot of them - West Ham and Arsenal being two good examples of the old ground being much better than the new version. I also think White Hart Lane was really good, but this is a very good replacement, even if I didn’t want to admit that before I went.
I have. It really does feel like a 'new stadium' to me. It doesn't have that atmosphere that the likes of Villa Park, Elland Road etc... do. It's a phenomenal price of architecture and the mod cons are fab but, for me, it still lacks something huge that all modern grounds do.

I have. It really does feel like a 'new stadium' to me. It doesn't have that atmosphere that the likes of Villa Park, Elland Road etc... do. It's a phenomenal price of architecture and the mod cons are fab but, for me, it still lacks something huge that all modern grounds do.
I’m not going to dispute most of that, but, as I say, it’s a lot better at keeping the atmosphere in than most other modern grounds.

Schmeichel
Simpson
Fuchs
Maguire
Morgan
Albrighton
Ndidi
Iborra
Mahrez
Okazaki
Vardy
I think that it was that match where Vardy could have scored in his12th consecutive match but instead passed to Mahrez for his hat-trick. I think that after the match, Williams chased Mahrez around the tunnels and on to the bus. Oh, we could have done with Big Was at that moment. Blood on the street.

Preferred the home game with Ulloa in
Had the 4-0 on :)
All the media: what will Leicester do without Vardy, wheels are falling off

Claudio: get Schluppy in to do Vardy’s running and Leo to score the goals. What’s the problem?

I think that it was that match where Vardy could have scored in his12th consecutive match but instead passed to Mahrez for his hat-trick. I think that after the match, Williams chased Mahrez around the tunnels and on to the bus. Oh, we could have done with Big Was at that moment. Blood on the street.
Wrong season.

Is it though? Is any modern stadium? I'd rather go to Villa Park or some such classic park than any of the modern grounds.

Modern stadiums are incredible venues but I just don't think they feel or sound like football stadiums should.
Tell me you've not been to the new Spurs stadium without telling me you've not been to the new Spurs stadium...

Tell me you've not been to the new Spurs stadium without telling me you've not been to the new Spurs stadium...
I have. Like I've already said.

Don't let facts get in the way of your nonsense though.

Nostalgia can’t be transposed

Still a whole ****ing week away!

Swansea and Leicester haven’t faced in the league since the 2017-18 Premier League campaign – the game at Liberty Stadium ended 2-1 to the Foxes that season.

Leicester City have won five of their last seven league matches against Swansea City (D1 L1), with all wins coming in the Premier League.

Swansea City have won their last four league games, after winning none of their first seven this season (D3 L4). The Swans haven’t won five in a row since a run of six under Roberto Martinez in League One in November and December 2007.

Leicester City are only the second Championship side (2004-05 onwards) to have 10 wins in their first 11 games of a season, along with Sheffield United in 2005-06 (also W10 D0 L1), who would go on to finish 2nd and win automatic promotion that season.

Leicester have won all five of their away Championship matches this season, the first second tier to do that since Newcastle United in 1992-93. No second tier side in history has won their first six away games in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566