Swear word censoring

What kind of censorship

• General chat censor free, F*** and C*** censored elsewhere

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Members can turn censorship on and off. F*** and C*** would be the only words censored if you turn o

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • As above, but milder swear words could be censored too

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Keep it as it is webbo. If it changes we'll more than likely see an influx of unnecessary ***** and ****s. It's all well and good them being asterixed out but posts full of asterixes (such a word?) could get very boring. Keep it civil.
The word is asterisk. Plural is asterisks.

****ing thick ****.

:icon_bigg

Macky

Gruntled Member
Keep it as it is webbo. If it changes we'll more than likely see an influx of unnecessary ***** and ****s. It's all well and good them being asterixed out but posts full of asterixes (such a word?) could get very boring. Keep it civil.

I completely disagree. If anything is censored, it's use will likely increase, it's human nature. There are numerous examples of posters trying desperately to bypass the current filters, inventing ridiculous spellings and the like.

Treat people like adults and they'll behave like adults. If we don't censor any words, the use of swear words will reduce to the level that adults use in normal conversation.
Then if any poster viewing the forum doesn't wish to see those words, they turn on their own filter. What could be fairer than that?

Vote B you ****ing miserable *****

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
If anything is censored, it's use will likely increase

Have apostrophe's been censored then?

Why wasnt I informed?

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The people have spoken.

I have set it so that censorship is switched on for everyone.

To turn off censorship, go to http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions and tick the box at the bottom of the page.

Just because you can swear now doesn't mean you have to. If people don't use this new freedom responsibly I'll consider going back to the old system.

Mawsley

By Christ this is tempting...

It's like when I discovered I could make my Amiga500 swear.

Must. Resist.

spionfox

I've disabled swear censorship yet still can't see the expletives in this thread or the one in Macky's signature :102:

drummindefender

though actually i can see the swearingin the above post-I'm guessing that its only the swear words posted before the switch that we can't see

you ****s

Matt_B

I thought **** and **** would still be censored regardless?

Edit: Turned it off and they aren't, yay!

Last edited:

spionfox

though actually i can see the swearingin the above post-I'm guessing that its only the swear words posted before the switch that we can't see

I reckon you're right. You're not a ****ing **** though, oh no :icon_lol:

Han

Jeff, I have noticed that when you quote someone who has used a censored word, it then becomes viewable in the text box.

Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.....?

Motown Fox

Jeff, I have noticed that when you quote someone who has used a censored word, it then becomes viewable in the text box.

Not sure if there's anything you can do about that.....?

I noticed this when I quoted Spion on the Music Listening thread but it didn't bother me although it changed what I posted because I had assumed he had used one banned word when in fact he had used another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669