Takeover Bid - Trust Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the training ground...

17m does seem steep but it would be a lot of dough.

The club have had the TG for 50 years

On the moan-in Birch did'nt know if they own it or not + he's there every day (they do)

They needed to get money quick during the administration, selling it would of been a slow process

I work at the Uni, the club have used the facilitys a lot, these were used more than the TG under Levein and are still used.

Birch sang the praises of the Uni facilities saying the TG was getting a bit shabby

Selling them would be bad IMO family silver and all that

I just got the feeling from the S/Holder (not one of the new bunch) i spoke to that
'johnny foreigner comes in, pays 7m gets the club lock, stock..and the training grounds worth more than that alone'
(Get 200k for house and the gardens worth 500k for developent scenario)

Just worried more may feel that way and hold on

due to the res league being funny buggers and wanting only prem teams city stopped using hinckleys ground and put all the money into the training ground ,new pitch and so on and while the work was done city used the uni training facilities and yes city do own the TG :icon_wink

Last edited:
If MM comes in and put a few million straight down for players there would be a real feel good factor about the place and with the right signings I wouldnt bet against us going up.

Back to the training ground...

17m does seem steep but it would be a lot of dough.

The club have had the TG for 50 years

On the moan-in Birch did'nt know if they own it or not + he's there every day (they do)

They needed to get money quick during the administration, selling it would of been a slow process

I work at the Uni, the club have used the facilitys a lot, these were used more than the TG under Levein and are still used.

Birch sang the praises of the Uni facilities saying the TG was getting a bit shabby

Selling them would be bad IMO family silver and all that

I just got the feeling from the S/Holder (not one of the new bunch) i spoke to that
'johnny foreigner comes in, pays 7m gets the club lock, stock..and the training grounds worth more than that alone'
(Get 200k for house and the gardens worth 500k for developent scenario)

Just worried more may feel that way and hold on

But it is ok for them to buy the club, lock, stock .......for the same amount and when the TG was worth a similar value. Double fecking standards right across the horizon if you ask me. Please do not tell me that this is the board and shareholders thinking of the clubs best interests, that is a purely oppotunisitc comment and if that is the opinion of the shareholders then I am afraid we are well and truly fecked. And you do start to question their motives, especially when Mandaric has offered the same deal they indeed offered themselves.

But it is ok for them to buy the club, lock, stock .......for the same amount and when the TG was worth a similar value. Double fecking standards right across the horizon if you ask me. Please do not tell me that this is the board and shareholders thinking of the clubs best interests, that is a purely oppotunisitc comment and if that is the opinion of the shareholders then I am afraid we are well and truly fecked. And you do start to question their motives, especially when Mandaric has offered the same deal they indeed offered themselves.

Bang on Steve.

If the club own a 17mill training facility, why the feck have the banks turned them down for loans in the past (according to previous posts). Any group of directors/shareholders etc can borrow on the back of this surely?

If the club own a 17mill training facility, why the feck have the banks turned them down for loans in the past (according to previous posts). Any group of directors/shareholders etc can borrow on the back of this surely?

:038::038:

Well, the banks would ask, OK, we lend you this money secured on the training ground - how are you going to pay it back, the repayments are not in your current budgets, when you were hoping to break even.? Erm........we hope to get promoted. Any bank would laugh you out of town.

EDIT. Also Teacher's hold a charge over all our assets, thinking about it, no bank would lend on the basis of a lower ranking charge over the training ground. If we went bust, I suspect Teacher's would sell the training ground first, being the most easily sold asset.

Last edited:
Well, the banks would ask, OK, we lend you this money secured on the training ground - how are you going to pay it back, the repayments are not in your current budgets, when you were hoping to break even.? Erm........we hope to get promoted. Any bank would laugh you out of town.
Why now then?

RS you have been quite critical and cautious as regards to Mandaric's motives and his plans for the future of our club, by the way this is not a criticism, I am actually very respectful of your viewpoint, however if the rumours are correct and the current shareholders are now wary of allowing Mandaric to wrestle away control of the club for the same price as they indeed paid, and the current focus of concern appears to be the value of training ground, then does this not put there motives in the same category as the concerns you have been voicing regarding Mandaric and his desire to make a fast and easy buck out of our club ????

They believe that the current team is a young team that give or take a few players will develop over the next 2-3 years under RK into becoming a Premier League team.
SO they honestly think that with an extra £2-3 million to give RK, with Joe Magunda, Ashley Chambers, Eric Odihambo, Max Gradel, Louis Dodds coming through (plus others) to add to the youngsters we already have, we will be a force in this league.

Sorry but this is not how I see it.

This team will never never be good enough for the Prem with maybe a couple of exceptions who will have to be sold within the next couple of seasons when the £3m they put in has gone.

We will then be back to square one with no money and a mediocre team fit for mid table in this league.

This board keep refering to this side as being a young team hoping they can convince the fans to put up with mid table championship football for 2/3 seasons at least on the promise that the team will lead them to glory. In reality all they want is to keep their places on the board and the fans onside.

Be honest with yourselves, compare our players with say a mid table Prem side and ask yourself who will ever be good enough? I doubt if even Fryatt would make it.

Unless the club generates a significant investment >£10m (maybe not all a once) for good prem quality players then we will never raise the standard of the side.

Sorry Melts, don't understand. If you are saying MM's bid involves loans, the difference is that the are from him, or Companies associated with him, where strict lending criteria go out of the window.
No, according to Dunc yesterday, the board have secured a loan to invest into the playing sqaud. Dunc suggested that the banks wouldn't have loaned this money if it wasn't for the interest that MM had shown, proving there is value in the club. The tone of Duncs post suggested that the bank had previously turned the club down but MM's interest has justified the loan, I'm amazed that a bank would rather use this method of lending than securing it against the training ground.

Your other point - The bank doesn't really care if City pay it back or not, if it is secured against a 17mill property they can't lose

Last edited:
RS you have been quite critical and cautious as regards to Mandaric's motives and his plans for the future of our club, by the way this is not a criticism, I am actually very respectful of your viewpoint, however if the rumours are correct and the current shareholders are now wary of allowing Mandaric to wrestle away control of the club for the same price as they indeed paid, and the current focus of concern appears to be the value of training ground, then does this not put there motives in the same category as the concerns you have been voicing regarding Mandaric and his desire to make a fast and easy buck out of our club ????

I honestly do not know the motives of the current shareholders, time will tell. I think the training ground is the jewel in the crown of our current set-up, and I wouldn't want to see it sold by any regime. What concerns me is that unless there are binding agreements drawn up with MM ( and I don't see how they could be watertight anyway ), if things didn't go well, MM would sell the training ground to finance his losses. He then leaves, we have another rescue, and what are we left with - a stadium with a huge loan on it ( which we have now ) and no training ground. BTW, people talk about using Loughborough - they will charge us for that facility, which means less money for the team.

Last edited:
No, according to Dunc yesterday, the board have secured a loan to invest into the playing sqaud. Dunc suggested that the banks wouldn't have loaned this money if it wasn't for the interest that MM had shown, proving there is value in the club. The tone of Duncs post suggested that the bank had previously turned the club down but MM's interest has justified the loan, I'm amazed that a bank would rather use this method of lending than securing it against the training ground.

Your other point - The bank doesn't really care if City pay it back or not, if it is secured against a 17mill property they can't lose

Your last point - not very good PR for the bank is it. Dunc's points ( I think, and I can't be bothered with trawling back ), were to do more with refinancing the loans we already have on more favourable rates/terms, rather than taking on more overall borrowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669