Talking Balls vs AC Dead People - Match 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Who's in? I think MHS has said he can't.

I can play but obviously if we have too many people I don't mind not playing seeing as I'm the worst by far!

I can, need to squeeze a few more gym sessions in though.

Same here, so unfit. I could hardly breathe after my first spell on pitch.

Things you/we need to take into next week after my post match observations:

• Whenever we got the ball today under pressure near our goal we passed back to the keeper, I don't think I can emphasise how much of a difference this made. (Except for my botched passback from which they scored *cough* *cough*)
  • Whenever we went forward we had at least one player back defending, sometimes two.
  • As soon as they got the ball, even if it was their keeper, we had two players drop straight back to defend
  • One of the biggest bonuses, we defended from midfield. When I was at the very back I didn't have to do that much as PDS and Drew sat in front, forcing them into long range shots, at which they were crap!
  • As a defender more often than not you gave me and the others outlets, in particular MHS and Darren here running the wings.
  • And I think almost perhaps more importantly there was some extremely cool finishing. In the past few games we have been guilty of blasting the ball, but in particular Drews and Chris' 3rd (the excellent turn and place, from the wall rebound)
    were very level headed.
  • Also we have to give snaps to Hazz, a truely inspirational (if somewhat loud!) leader from the back!
  • Another big change was that we all rotated properly, nobody tried to stay on when knackered and risk making a feck up, so we all stayed a lot more fresh than normal.

No negatives, except the fact that if we want to win this league draws are no good, next time we want a win lads! But seriously, these must have been ~300 places above us in the overall league and majortively we contained them, and for large parts looked the better side.

Last edited:
  • Whenever we got the ball today under pressure near our goal we passed back to the keeper, I don't think I can emphasise how much of a difference this made. (Except for my botched passback from which they scored *cough* *cough*)
  • Whenever we went forward we had at least one player back defending, sometimes two.
  • As soon as they got the ball, even if it was their keeper, we had two players drop straight back to defend
  • One of the biggest bonuses, we defended from midfield. When I was at the very back I didn't have to do that much as PDS and Drew sat in front, forcing them into long range shots, at which they were crap!
  • As a defender more often than not you gave me and the others outlets, in particular MHS and Darren here running the wings.
  • And I think almost perhaps more importantly there was some extremely cool finishing. In the past few games we have been guilty of blasting the ball, but in particular Drews and Chris' 3rd (the excellent turn and place, from the wall rebound)
    were very level headed.
  • Also we have to give snaps to Hazz, a truely inspirational (if somewhat loud!) leader from the back!
  • Another big change was that we all rotated properly, nobody tried to stay on when knackered and risk making a feck up, so we all stayed a lot more fresh than normal.
No negatives, except the fact that if we want to win this league draws are no good, next time we want a win lads! But seriously, these must have been ~300 places above us in the overall league and majortively we contained them, and for large parts looked the better side.

Well rounded - I knew someone had to be a gooby shite. ;)

Melton had a super shot go just wide and then PDS decided to blast one with a minute remaining - he was in tears in the car on the way back he didnt finished it.

Well rounded - I knew someone had to be a gooby shite. ;)

Melton had a super shot go just wide and then PDS decided to blast one with a minute remaining - he was in tears in the car on the way back he didnt finished it.

Soft fecker

im back in the country as of tuesday so i'm there if needed,

[*]Another big change was that we all rotated properly, nobody tried to stay on when knackered and risk making a feck up, so we all stayed a lot more fresh than normal.
[/LIST]

To be fair I didn't come off perhaps as much as I should,I wasn't too knackered though. Just give me a shout and I'll be happy to come off, for a minute

Tears my arse.:icon_lol:

heres a lil help from newts lads read and take note it just mite help you all

Square
The Square formation is one of the most popular and traditional strategic systems in the small sided game.When to use: To keep things simple (maybe you have inexperienced players on your squad or lots of subs all looking for a game).
Strengths: Equally strong in both attack and defence.
Weaknesses: Easy to read, few surprises.
Use against: Opposition of any ability.
Try with: Total Soccer style.
Remember: Zone marking is important, do not get dragged out of position.
spacer.gif
vsl_chalkboard_square.jpg

Diamond
The Diamond formation is a highly adaptable strategic system that is an efficient method of responding to the changing phases of play.When to use: To keep your options open, also if you have lots of subs to refresh midfield positions.
Strengths: Incredibly strong in both attack and defence.
Weaknesses: Risk of being caught out of position.
Use against: Opposition of similar ability.
Try with: Possession Soccer.
Remember: Sliding midfield roles are vital. These players must be fast, fit and swift to respond to changing phases of play.
vsl_chalkboard_diamond.jpg

Y-Shape
The Y-Shape is one of the most aggressive tactical systems available. This system can help to maximise goal scoring opportunities.When to use: Against a weaker opponent. Also highly effective when you want to maximise goal difference and not just gain points.
Strengths: Offensive play.
Weaknesses: Defence may become exposed.
Use against: Opposition of weaker ability.
Try with: Pressure Play.
Remember: The floating midfield role is vital, this player should be fast and fit.
vsl_chalkboard_y_shape.jpg

REVERSE Y
This is an essentially defensive tactic in which a robust defence is assured as there will always be two defenders left to protect the goal area.When to use: Against a stronger opponent. Also effective against an opposition that is using the Y-Shape system.
Strengths: Defence.
Weaknesses: May yield few goals.
Use against: Opposition of stronger ability.
Try with: Counterattack.
Remember: Again, the floating midfield role is vital, this player should be fast and fit, as well as being adaptable.
vsl_chalkboard_reverse_y.jpg

Toatal soccer
Use when your opposition are man to man marking effectively and you want to wrong foot them. Stretch your players widely and switch positions often. Use a rotational system between attack and defence. This will ensure your opposition are dragged out of position, creating opportunities and openings for you.
Possession
Use when you want to build steadily and minimise the risk of losing possession. Own the ball, keep hold of it and continue to pass between yourselves. Build and watch for opportunities to cut through your opponents defences. Steadily push forward and try to establish the game in the last third of the pitch.
Pressure
Use when you are confident of your attacking ability. Highly effective against a weaker opponent, this is an offensive style of defence. Win the ball as quickly and as close to the opposition’s goal as possible. Apply swift, intense pressure on any opponent with the ball. Make sure other team members push up in support.

counter attack
Use to create attacking opportunities from a strong defensive base. Allow your opposition to come well up the pitch then work to regain possession quickly. Immediately make a long pass over many opponents into space. At the moment of passing, one or two players should rush forward in support.

drummindefender
Richie_d123
City Fan

drummindefender
Richie_d123
City Fan
Melton Fox

If it weren't for Hazz's taxi, we would hardly have anyone in the team! Get a bus you lazy feckers....... :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363