TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to see the Wrestle Leicester event at Aylestone Leisure Centre last night (the wife's brother is one of the wrestlers, the one with his back to the camera). Turned out to be quite a good event actually, including a girl on girl match :icon_cool

Anywho, uploaded a picture here and the full set is uploading to Flickr as we speak - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbeighton/sets/72157625580015455/ - I'll add more as I get round to editing them.

FreezeFrame.jpg

Went to see the Wrestle Leicester event at Aylestone Leisure Centre last night (the wife's brother is one of the wrestlers, the one with his back to the camera). Turned out to be quite a good event actually, including a girl on girl match :icon_cool

Anywho, uploaded a picture here and the full set is uploading to Flickr as we speak - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbeighton/sets/72157625580015455/ - I'll add more as I get round to editing them.

View attachment 6664

The crowd doesn't look a bit like I'd imagine a crowd at a wrestling event to look like.

View attachment 6664

Pleased to see Mark Draper pursuing a new career.

Still working on last year's photos...

Acorn-Woodpecker-Portal-10-1125-01.jpg
Acorn Woodpeckers at a 'granary' where they store acorns.

Blue-throated-Hummingbird-Cave-Creek-Ranch-10-1123-02.jpg
Blue-throated Hummingbird.

Chiricahuas-10-1125-07.jpg
Looking from the top of the Chiricahua mountains towards New Mexico.

Happy-Valley-10-1127-01.jpg
Near Happy Valley.

Happy-Valley-10-1127-07.jpg
Happy Valley.

Happy-Valley-10-1127-08.jpg
Happy Valley.

Portal-10-1124-04.jpg
Cave Creek Ranch in Portal.

Portal-10-1124-05.jpg
The Portal Post Office.

Portal-10-1125-05.jpg
Portal, heading into the Chiricahua mountains. Spectacular place.

All the scenic ones are taken with my phone again. The birds are with the big lens.

And it goes without saying, great photos Matt, keep 'em coming.

All the scenic ones are taken with my phone again. The birds are with the big lens.

And it goes without saying, great photos Matt, keep 'em coming.

Stunning Dessie, simply stunning. Just out of interest, what phone are you using?

A fecking phone, are you for real?

What type of camera are you using normally, and what size lense for those wildlife shots?

:)

The phone is an HTC Incredible (Droid) with 8 megapixel camera. Surprisingly nice, as you can see.

The camera is a Canon 30D with a Canon 100-400 L IS lens. It's over four years old now so you can probably pick the camera up pretty cheap these days. It's 'only' 8 megapixels, although it doesn't matter about the camera so much as it's all about the quality of the big bit of glass on the end of it. Which is probably still worth a fair bit - it cost more than the camera, about 900 quid, and is still for sale to go with the new 70D, etc.

Four years on, I still really like it. Wouldn't mind a new camera though...

I reckon there's more to it than have a decent camera.

If you don't have the knack of being able to take a decent pic(either on one of those EOS thingies or a basic compact) then you can have all the kit in the world, and it won't make a jot of difference if you don't know the right second to take the shot.

I reckon there's more to it than have a decent camera.

If you don't have the knack of being able to take a decent pic(either on one of those EOS thingies or a basic compact) then you can have all the kit in the world, and it won't make a jot of difference if you don't know the right second to take the shot.
I agree entirely :icon_bigg

Great photos again Dessie, the light and clarity is amazing. I reckon i could be happy in happy valley!
It's a gorgeous place.

By the way, if anyone ever decides to visit SE Arizona on the strength of my photos and me talking it up all the time, I'd love to know about it...

Loads more to come as well, I'm afraid. I've finally got as far as the road trip I took with my mum and dad in November...

First stop, Montezuma Castle, a 1,000-year-old cliff dwelling near Camp Verde in central Arizona:

Montezuma-Castle-10-1129-12.jpg

Montezuma-Castle-10-1129-03.jpg

These pics with the proper camera, by the way, but with the little lens, a standard 18-55mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669