Team for Gillingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Interesting article on thebluearmy.co.uk

I'm no quitter - but I'm not daft.

That is how Micky Adams summed up the pressure on him after Leicester City blew another three points they had in the bag at QPR on Saturday. by Bill Anderson The disastrous 3-2 defeat after being 2-0 up at half-time prompted Adams to remark that the costly disciplinary problems - David Connolly was the fourth City player to be sent off this season - would need to be sorted by him "or someone else".

That throwaway line raised speculation about his immediate future and sounded as if he was on the verge of resignation or in fear of the sack.

He told me: "I am not daft. I have always been open and honest, and I know I am under pressure from the boardroom and the public.

"If results don't improve, I would have to seriously consider my position. But I am not a quitter. It is tough at the minute but you just have to get on with it.

"When you look at our games this season, we should be riding high in the table and most of the problems have been self-inflicted, particularly the red cards which have cost us games, and I told the players about that. My messages are not getting through - and I am the manager and the buck stops here.

"I know how the script goes but I will be there on the touchline tomorrow night at Gillingham."

As a manager, Adams is not used to this state of affairs. He has been a winner everywhere he has been, including with City when he achieved an astonishing return to the Premiership in the throes of administration. But he knows that football is a game of the here and now, and he is determined to get things right again.

The players have accepted they let everyone down at Loftus Road and, as Adams reveals in Sport on Monday, some will pay the price tomorrow night because his patience has run out. He obviously feels that he, as manager, needs results more than anyone now.

So it sounds as if he won't be quitting, but the last paragraph sounds as if there's going to be a few changes for tomorrow's game.
Or he means he's going to sodomise them all after the game.. :oops:

So any predictions for a team tomorrow night?

I think that if Canero is fit we could see him at RW and Scowcroft moved upfront with Wright, and Tiatto in as well. Possibly even Stearman coming in?

I'm glad Micky is going to try and change things around, because I'd much rather that he turns things around for us and can get us doing well than us having to sack him and find someone else.

highland fox said:
Anybody know how we stand with suspensions,who can't play?

I think it's Connolly and Stewart.

Tiatto probably could've played at the weekend but Micky didn't want to risk him, but now his job's on the line he probably will. I think Canero could be the same. Not sure if Heath and Elliott are quite match fit yet, and Harper is probably still injured.

highland fox said:
How's Morris's wooden leg coming along?

He had the operation at the weekend didn't he? They didn't say how long he'd take to recover from that though. I think we can safely assume he's not available ;)

IMO the major weakness in our team is a complete lack of pace in all positions.

I'd go for the following cause at least it'd be a bit more pacy and more likely to pass the ball around.

Pressman

Makin Keown Dublin Tiatto

Porter Nalis Williams Wilcox

Wright Scowcroft

Subs. Dabizas, Canero, Weslowski, Benjamin, Heath

In fact the subs could be anyone of them & Blake, Gillespie, Stearman, Logan, Gemmill, Elliott, Gudjonnson as well.

Fatty
Canero
Stearman
Keown
Makin
Nalis
Tiatto
Williams
Scowcroft
Wright
Connolly

In a 4-3-3
Subs-Dublin,Dabizas,Gudjohnsson,Gillespie,Gemmill

pressman
keown
Dabizas
Elliot
Canreo
nalis
tiattoo
williams
stewart
wright
petrescu

dublin, makin, logan, stearman, dawson

He mentioned Wright,Heath,Stearman and Tiatto will all come into the 'equation' tomorrow.Wether they actually start is another thing.

I would like.....

----------Pressman
------Keown Elliot Stearman

Canero--Nalis--Gudjohnson--Williams--Tiatto

-----Scowcroft----Wright

s.dublin, makin, gemmil, wilcox, heath

That's me though, a dreamer..

i would be impressed to see him start and play on the bench, or is that so if he gets subbed in the first half he can then be used on the bench!

highland fox said:
Blake is out injured,hurt his big toe apparently.

... shamelessly re-cycling a joke from another post ... let's hope it's nothing too trivial then ...

:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570