Terry Robinson - Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me there's 3 possibilities....

Nigel got what he wanted......Nigel goes
Nigel only got part of what he wanted due to scout failure.....Nigel failed to provide enough suitable targets. Both go.
Nigel had no part in selecting targets.....Nigel should not have been there in first place. Only a fool would suspect this option.
What about the fourth possibility?
Nigel and Steve Walsh sr. identified their targets. Terry Robinson went out to try to get them in but was too tight in the negotiations and they went elsewhere or stayed where they were.

Last edited:
Nigel and Steve Walsh sr. identified their targets. Terry Robinson went out to try to get them in but was too tight in the negotiations and they went elsewhere or stayed where they were.
.....Nigel asked for targets which were above the budget he was given....Nigel goes.

.....Nigel asked for targets which were above the budget he was given....Nigel goes.
Sooner or later you'll be correct of course, but what is your qualified guess then? Before xmas? Before The New Year? Or when?

Terry Robinson calls a player a darkie, then gets the 'hump' when it's alleged he failed his duties in the summer... He goes.

Our owners LOVE Nigel, he won't be going anywhere soon I don't reckon, doesn't matter what the season brings.

Sooner or later you'll be correct of course, but what is your qualified guess then? Before xmas? Before The New Year? Or when?
As a poker player, I'd say your owners have tipped their hand. All in before West Ham.

Last edited:
I would have thought that if NP was going to be sacked, both he and his back room staff would have been announced first.

I would have thought that if NP was going to be sacked, both he and his back room staff would have been announced first.
He has an FA charge hanging over him.
Would not be appropriate to sack him before he's found guilty.

John Rudkin takes over at DoF

This seems to me the most likely answer.

We know that Pearson, Walsh and Neville sit up high whereas Shakespeare, Phillips and Stowell are on the touchline.. Where did Terry Robinson sit?

The players we brought in have not done badly. I admit that I did not see them during the November slump but Leonardo and Cambiasso seem to be good signings for the money. Hamer was brought in as backup keeper and has done well. The failures have been Upson and Powell - perhaps the first was bad luck and the second is only a loan and frankly did not look ready for the Premier League.

It can only be that Mr Robinson failed to land other targets. He certainly does not choose the targets. We know that Nigel discussed Ulloa with his defenders before choosing him. We know that Knockaert and Mahrez were suggested by Steve Walsh.

It is interesting that Andrew Neville still has influence. It was him who got Nigel to stop Liam Moore coming on as a substitute.

I have great faith in our recruitment policy. During the Leicester Legends evening Gerry Taggart marvelled at Steve Walsh Sr understanding of the game. The Birch added that he was awesome. Since Pearson and Walsh were at Hull at the time this was not merely following a party line. It would be interesting to know who we failed to get.

I wonder, I do recall Tony Pulis leaving Stoke cus he didn`t get on with Terry Robinson!

With all due respect, that is bollocks.
Look at it from a business point of view. If they wait til he's found guilty of abusing his customers they can negotiate his departure with a reduced payoff. All about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566