Thai group interested in buying the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Blackburn for £25m who are usually in no danger of going gown every season, they have no debt and with a little bit of cash could be in a position to push for a european spot.

Or

Leicester City for £?m, who need an exceptional season to make it in to the prem, have shit loads of debt and on top of that would need a fair amount of cash injection to really compete.

Let me think who I would choose ...

Anyone else think MM may be pimping us around in a bit of desperation?

Maybe...the alternative way to look at it is he is attempting to sell a club that was up shit creek when purchased but is now up shit creek with a better squad. He was always looking to sell us when he bought us (unless he is ****in mental) so its only right he continues to look at that possibility. Us being close to promotion can only increase interest

MM's anxiety is beginning to show. He would sell up today if he could find a buyer. In the meantime, watch out for significant savings. Sound familiar?

MM's anxiety is beginning to show. He would sell up today if he could find a buyer. In the meantime, watch out for significant savings. Sound familiar?

and what would you do if you had a business in a similar position?

Unless he was comatose - it would be astonishing if he wasn't anxious.

The position is something like:

- club has structural debt problem which requires a year on year bailing out;

- it over-achieved last season in terms of footballing results;

- it's chances of financial salvation (promotion) are almost certainly dependent on bringing in more high wage quality loanees above and beyond the challenging level of last season.

The situation is not altogether rosy - if you happen to be the guy who foots the bill.

Glass half empty vrs. Glass half full.

MM gets LCFC to the promised land of the Prem and he makes a tidy sum...Next season won't have a Newcastle running riot, arguably not a WBA either..

Glass half empty vrs. Glass half full.

MM gets LCFC to the promised land of the Prem and he makes a tidy sum...Next season won't have a Newcastle running riot, arguably not a WBA either..

or a Plymouth or Sheff Wednesday who usually stuff us.

People seem to assume just because we had a good season this year next season will be the same. Unless we add significantly to the squad I have my doubts

Look at Bristol City-play off finalists, lost, and haven't looked like getting promoted since

People seem to assume just because we had a good season this year next season will be the same. Unless we add significantly to the squad I have my doubts

Look at Bristol City-play off finalists, lost, and haven't looked like getting promoted since

I think that you are spot on.

There wasn't that much difference between us and many of the other teams last season and not that much quality around - with the exceptions of WBA and Newcastle.....and for much of the season, I would have to add the F-rest.

To have a stand out chance - we need to strengthen if possible otherwise we could be just one of a number stuck in a queue.

Cant help but feel the momentum from last season was key too-we won't have that this season, and may start the season off with a play-off hangover

Talk about gloom and doom! We have just had a far better season than anyone could have guessed: we may not be in fantastic shape financially but, there are plenty in worse and, the mood on this board is almost suicidal!

NP will stay, we will make some signings, both full signings and loans, and next season we will take the Championship by storm.

Come on chaps, show a little faith.

Why is there gloom here, but forest with 42m debt have a positive outlook when their losses must be worse with all their spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669