Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a perfectly fair sentiment dd and one I think we can (should) all agree with. It's the same as the Shaqiri deal at Stoke. If he hadn't have failed at Bayern and Inter he would be anywhere near the Britannia. But I can understand their fans excitement as I can ours with Inler.

I think the difference now is that two years ago we wouldn't have had a hope in hell of attracting (albeit perhaps past his best) players of the calibre that we are currently.

Continue our curve of the last three years and in a couple more we may be in the position to tract top players.

I don't understand why if you're not blindly optimistic you're being overly negative. I think he will no doubt be an improvement on what we have but he clearly isn't the same player he was 2-3 years ago or he would never be coming here.
And if you had been slightly more constructive about it like you have here you may have had a different reaction.

I also dont see how hes past his best at 30 in the position he plays. I also think you will find he was profiled due not only to his style but his experience due to a gap in this area in midfield, you dont get that with a low to middle twenties player.

He fits the requirements and is a top player to boot, try and smile.

And if you had been slightly more constructive about it like you have here you may have had a different reaction.

I also dont see how hes past his best at 30 in the position he plays. I also think you will find he was profiled due not only to his style but his experience due to a gap in this area in midfield, you dont get that with a low to middle twenties player.

He fits the requirements and is a top player to boot, try and smile.
A new lodger?

I am very pleased with our transfer business, we have added all the major qualities we were lacking: pace in defence, aggression in midfield and Inler will hopefully add some composure and craft we're missing with Cambiasso's departure.

Even if he isn't as good as Cambiasso I still feel our squad is stronger now.

A good post. I would add that players should be better for the experience of playing with Cambiasso. Andy King might ask himself "What would Esteban do?"

A good post. I would add that players should be better for the experience of playing with Cambiasso. Andy King might ask himself "What would Esteban do?"
Young people these days ask questions on forums, hoping someone else will Google the answer for them.

Fabian Delph never got a reply telling him how to get out of Stearman's pocket and that's why he's injured.

Yes, we were very fortunate to have Cambiasso last season and it looks like he has left a kind of legacy.

There wasn't much chance of replacing him on a like for like basis but it appears that the club has improved/ is improving the set up in a variety of different ways.

Everyone will realise that it's much too early to draw any conclusions. But if we can make significant progress over the next couple of seasons then the club will find it possible to compete for elite players. In football the unexpected can be usually expected - and it could all go wrong but its many, many years since there were grounds for this level of optimism.

In football the unexpected can be usually expected - and it could all go wrong but its many, many years since there were grounds for this level of optimism.
If it continues like this, we'll have to re-decorate The Safe House to fit better with the taste of the moaners.

SSN:

INLER EXPECTED IN LEICESTER

Gokhan Inler is expected to arrive at Leicester City today ahead of his proposed transfer from Napoli, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 31-year-old Switzerland international is expected to finalise his move to the King Power today in a deal believed to be worth €5million plus bonuses.

Nothing new here, just good to see in print...

Leicester City, Stoke City and West Brom battle it out for Slovakia international
Leicester City, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion are all interested in Slovakia international Adam Zrelak, according to The Observer.

Zrelak currently plies his trade for Fortuna Liga outfit Slovan Bratislava, but could be set for a move away from the club. The 21-year old had a trial at Russian giants CSKA Moscow last year, however he did not do enough to earn a permanent contract with the club.

And now, if today’s issue of The Observer is to be believed, Leicester City, Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion are all considering giving the forward the opportunity to play Premier League football.

Despite the link, it would come as a huge surprise should Leicester City firm up their reported interest with a bid. Only recently has Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri spoke of there being no room for another striker in his squad.

oh

INLER’S LEICESTER DEAL HITS SNAG

Leicester's pursuit of Napoli midfielder Gokhan Inler has hit a snag, according to Sky sources.

We understand a medical is not imminent and the deal has been described as "complex" because of a number of "interested parties."

Wow, is he ever going to sign? Seemed like today was going to be the day!

Hope we're still looking at other targets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669