Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is premature in my opinion. He might not be a first choice and i'm sure he accepts that, he certainly didn't sulk last year, but he can still do a job. He can be a back up striker but also play in that advanced midfield position as competition or sub for mahrez. Very useful player to have on the bench if he's happy with that.

Keep for another year

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

One of my favourite players of the Pearson era. Has scored some big goals (Burnley away, Leeds Away in the promotion season) and some great ones too (that chip against Forest, Liverpool last season). I will be sad to see him go, but I can't see him getting a chance here this season as it stands

Meh time to move on

In terms of Nuge he has been an excellent signing for us, superb attitude and tremendous work rate, real top drawer striker at championship level but at premier league level and certainly at a club with ambitions to get to the next level then I am afraid it is 100% the correct decision.

Even under MON there are numerous examples of players making significant contributions but then in time being replaced by better players. Julian Watts, Spencer Prior, Garry Parker and Steve Claridge just some names who experienced similar situations as Nugent does now.

In terms of Nuge he has been an excellent signing for us, superb attitude and tremendous work rate, real top drawer striker at championship level but at premier league level and certainly at a club with ambitions to get to the next level then I am afraid it is 100% the correct decision.

Even under MON there are numerous examples of players making significant contributions but then in time being replaced by better players. Julian Watts, Spencer Prior, Garry Parker and Steve Claridge just some names who experienced similar situations as Nugent does now.

Totally agree. Nugent is now fifth choice striker and that isn't really any good for him. He's also not really someone that flourishes with occasional appearances. He's best when he plays regularly and he's not good enough to do this any more.

My only concern is the balance of the character in the squad. Nugent, along with Konchesky, are both big characters within the group. The staff need to be clear that we don't discard too much of the heart of the 'old' group, too soon.

Evolution, not revolution, is the way.

So then, what do people think of Gokhan Inler? Any good?

Totally agree. Nugent is now fifth choice striker and that isn't really any good for him. He's also not really someone that flourishes with occasional appearances. He's best when he plays regularly and he's not good enough to do this any more.

My only concern is the balance of the character in the squad. Nugent, along with Konchesky, are both big characters within the group. The staff need to be clear that we don't discard too much of the heart of the 'old' group, too soon.

Evolution, not revolution, is the way.
Isn't that the crucial point? Okazaki is unproven in the UK and Kramaric may need more time - only time will tell. Why get rid of someone that you know you can rely on at least until the legs completely run out.

Look at the key contributions he made and how he was key in some of the important turning points - Everton, Tottenham away (which for me is when our season really changed despite defeat) and most important WBA. These matches were all within last 6 months and he was injured for some of the period.

Unless we have someone lined up I would keep him involved

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

From the BBC

The Leicester Mercury reports that, according to Sky Sport Italia, the Foxes have held further talks with transfer target Gokhan Inler.

The Premier League leaders want the 31-year-old Switzerland international, who currently plays with Napoli, to bolster their midfield options after the departure of Esteban Cambiasso.

I have to be honest, I was initially confused by the line, "The Premier League leaders"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566