That Fifa 09 update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Why was it deleted? Hardly spam was it?

The poor guy was only trying to get help for the next FIFA update.

Why was it deleted? Hardly spam was it?

The poor guy was only trying to get help for the next FIFA update.

I read it in a bit fo a rush, and agree I was a bit harsh. I have asked to Jeff to re-instate him/her.

Last edited:
Thanks, at least someone has common sense ;)

So Paul where was your common sense when you made the first post? Did it not occur to you that someone moderating this forum might have thought that it was spam? :102: :icon_wink

So Paul where was your common sense when you made the first post? Did it not occur to you that someone moderating this forum might have thought that it was spam? :102: :icon_wink

Newton's bizarre picture was the main reason the mods thought it was spam.

Spam? Perlease, never in a million years did it or would it cross my mind anyone could consider this as spam, I've administrated a forum for 8 years with 50,000+ members, I know spam when I smell it ;)

I've posted similar posts to this on countless forums for all of the teams I handle now and have handled in the past for Fifa and never, ever have I been accused of spamming and/or been banned from posting without even a PM to say "hold on a minute".......

Newton's bizarre picture was the main reason the mods thought it was spam.

And I immediately reported that post to point out that I'm not a spammer, I'm a real person here for a real reason (ie to maximise the enjoyment of Leicester fans).

Spam? Perlease, never in a million years did it or would it cross my mind anyone could consider this as spam, I've administrated a forum for 8 years with 50,000+ members, I know spam when I smell it ;)

I've posted similar posts to this on countless forums for all of the teams I handle now and have handled in the past for Fifa and never, ever have I been accused of spamming and/or been banned from posting without even a PM to say "hold on a minute".......

Now I have been put in my place, I would like to point out we are a little more select and try and keep unsolicited requests for help, however you like to characterise that, to a minimum. :icon_wink :)

I can't see that Placebo's post can in any way be seen as spam. All that he is guilty of is underestimating this forum's reluctance to accept newcomers at face value.

Now I have been put in my place, I would like to point out we are a little more select and try and keep unsolicited requests for help, however you like to characterise that, to a minimum. :icon_wink :)

Why would that be? I often go onto the forum's of other teams asking for help - and usually receive it.

I can't see that Placebo's post can in any way be seen as spam. All that he is guilty of is underestimating this forum's reluctance to accept newcomers at face value.

I am not sure that all new members in their first few posts do a "Placebo". :icon_wink There is too much of that "reluctance" generally. Sadly for me it just means that new members go through an ordeal that puts them off. :icon_sad:

Last edited:
I am not sure that all new members in their first few posts do a "Placebo". :icon_wink There is too much of that "reluctance" generally. Sadly for me it just means that new members go through an ordeal that puts them off. :icon_sad:

Placebo was honest in his approach for the information he needs; some City fans (those who play the game) will appreciate that people are collecting and collating this information. I agree that few others would approach the forum in the way that he did, but few others would have reason too.

I'm pleased that you agree with my more general point.

The problem is so many people see forums as a way to get free advertising and any newcomer who posts something that appears to be on behalf of a company will be regarded with suspicion.

A lot of reputable companies employ people to post on forums, pretending to be interested in the forum's subject when in reality all they're doing is trying to get cheap advertising.

The problem is so many people see forums as a way to get free advertising and any newcomer who posts something that appears to be on behalf of a company will be regarded with suspicion.

A lot of reputable companies employ people to post on forums, pretending to be interested in the forum's subject when in reality all they're doing is trying to get cheap advertising.

I'm aware of that - but it is not what happened in this case.

Perhaps we should ban Newts on the grounds that he advertises tinned ham-substitute.

mmmmmmmmmm Spam

drooling_homer-712749.gif

Despite the early moderatorial shenanigans everything is now sorted and I'm starting to get some really useful feedback from you Foxes which should help to ensure you're far better represented in the game, so this thread may as well be sent off to the pit somewhere :)

Thanks again to "City Fan" for ensuring that the issue was looked at again and resolved :)

i thought it was spam when i first say it...a little more bespoke would help, it's a cut and paste job and looks spammy

are you posting on the Foxes Talk...? if so, you're dead to us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566