The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I'm relieved to see that someone else has mentioned this. Surely to sign Bothroyd would be one of the most risk-free signings of a striker we could possibly make. He is, at the very least, a quality Championship goal-scorer.

He think he's good enough for the Premier League. That's why he's left Cardiff.

RHYDAL

I'm relieved to see that someone else has mentioned this. Surely to sign Bothroyd would be one of the most risk-free signings of a striker we could possibly make. He is, at the very least, a quality Championship goal-scorer.

I have to disagree.

To begin with, Jay is prone to hamstring injuries. He missed the game at your place last season if you remember and I've only seen him run freely in a handful of games this season.

Second, he needs a manager who can put his arm around him. Does Sven have that quality?

Third, he's no spring chicken. 29 in the summer and probably looking for a lucrative final contract which is likely to demotivate him when secured. He has been on relatively modest wages at Cardiff which I believe has been his carrot to perform somewhere near his best. He's also been asking for premier league money which means you'd be paying top dollar.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a great admirer of his. He's strong in every aspect of his game. It's just a case of whether his body and mind are firing would be a concern for the amount of cash you'd be laying out.

GazLCFC

why would they sell their keeper a day or two before their play off final?

Didn't really know much about him so searched for him and found this "Sky Sports Scout" report for him from 2009.

Suggest current value was £4m with potential value of £30m. £4m for a 19 year old (as he was) who played in League 1.

I would Sky Sports Scout knows less about football than a lot of our supporters

Matt_B

just another point, every time I check out the bentleys roof message board it confirms my opinion that it is full of ****ish knobends

Macky

Gruntled Member
just another point, every time I check out the bentleys roof message board it confirms my opinion that it is full of ****ish knobends

I've looked at it a couple of times, but it's practically unusable as a website, it's like a relic from the mid 90's but it's only a couple of years old, I think

FoxCovert

Steve Morison put in transfer request at Millwall according to SSN. Would be a good signing for us i think.

slyfox

The People says Leicester are winning the race to sign Neil Danns from Palace with Hull and Wolves also interested,was we not interested in him last season?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Most of the current rumours seem somewhat different from the all over Europe/all over the world signings that some of us had begun to expect. Perhaps the bar is not being lifted as far as was supposed.

Nottingham Fox

Most of the current rumours seem somewhat different from the all over Europe/all over the world signings that some of us had begun to expect. Perhaps the bar is not being lifted as far as was supposed.

I'd much prefer proven Championship players to unknown untried foreigners. QPR went for experience in this league and pissed it, I hope we follow suit.

slyfox

Same here and i hope we are going for Neil Danns,just the type of player we need, a box to box midfielder with good pace.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I'd much prefer proven Championship players to unknown untried foreigners. QPR went for experience in this league and pissed it, I hope we follow suit.

Same here and i hope we are going for Neil Danns,just the type of player we need, a box to box midfielder with good pace.

Aye. It looks as though SuperSprouts letter did go straight in the bin then.

Lako42

Neil Danns is shit, end of story.

SuperScout

Banned
Andy King

images

images

images

images

Chris Coleman is set to make a shock move for Leicester City's Andy King. The former Welsh International, who was out of work for a year before recently taking the reigns at Greek outfit Larissa is a massive admirer of the 22 year old and new owner Konstantinos Piladakis is prepared to back Coleman with the finance he needs to get the club back to Greece's top tier. Coleman is said to be wanting to build the team around King, and believes a massive financial incentive with the clubs gigantic ambitions will be enough to lure Maidenhead born King to Greece. The Club's aim is to get into the Champions League within the next three years. Coleman is also willing to use huge prospect Savvas Siatravanis as bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669