The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

Must be true, he's already done a modelling shoot for next seasom's kit.

england-1.jpg

DJ Campbell to Blackpool for £1m by Monday morning PLEASE! ;)

I'm sceptical they'll want him at all; I'm sure they'll wait and see who else they can persuade to go there and I wouldn't be surprised if they find better players who are demanding less money (as we know he won't take a paycut).

But here's hoping...

I'm sceptical they'll want him at all; I'm sure they'll wait and see who else they can persuade to go there and I wouldn't be surprised if they find better players who are demanding less money (as we know he won't take a paycut).

But here's hoping...

I think they're going to have a difficult time persuading anybody! One tour of the town, ground and training facilities will probably put most players off.

If they can get a player that's done very, very well for them (no matter how many times he's been caught offside), I'm sure they'll go for it.

Last edited:

But here's hoping...
If Blackpool don't want him, after the high-profile end to the season he's had, I bet someone else does. Despite what we think of the useless feck, his stock is quite high at the moment.

If Blackpool don't want him, after the high-profile end to the season he's had, I bet someone else does. Despite what we think of the useless feck, his stock is quite high at the moment.

After watching him over the last few games i have changed my opinion on him,he actually looks a decent striker...i reckon 'if' he had a decent run in the side we might of thought differently towards him.

I reckon the outburst from him was frustration,and who can blame him.

It won't happen. He DOESN'T want to be here.

That's more down to him and his attitude towards the club than anything else, and don't forget he WAS given another chance by NP.

Last edited:

It won't happen. He DOESN'T want to be here.

That's more down to him and his attitude towards the club than anything else, and don't forget he WAS given another chance by NP.

What has been his longest run in the side,i would imagine not many games...play 2 games then be dropped,play one game then dropped,he has never had a fair crack of the whip whilst at this club.

Nigel Pearson gave him 3 substitute appearances this season, hardly another chance.

I think because he has been on big wages.. fans can be over-critical,but if your not given the chance to shine what do we expect?

DJ costs the club stupid amounts in wages while he doesn't want to play here. As far as I'm concerned he has to be sold.

What has been his longest run in the side,i would imagine not many games...play 2 games then be dropped,play one game then dropped,he has never had a fair crack of the whip whilst at this club.

Nigel Pearson gave him 3 substitute appearances this season, hardly another chance.

I think because he has been on big wages.. fans can be over-critical,but if your not given the chance to shine what do we expect?

It's nowt to do with him being on big wages when he DID have runs in the side he was always offside and for most of the time didn't seem to look like he wanted to be out there, I'm sure this was noticed by the players and coaching staff as well, even in the relegation season.
and after his first stint at Blackpool where he stupidly made comments like not wanting to come back here again- possibly thinking Blackpool would put a bid in for him(what with eh? Last summer they had less money than us! And we ain't got much!)

For NP to even give him a second chance he must've thought long and hard about whether DJ deserved it, yes we only saw some brief appearances from him in that second chance, but NP would've seen him day in,day out at training and quickly decided he was right the first time!

Earl Barrett is inline for a shock return to professional football with Leicester City the Daily Star is suggesting...

this could have legs... unlike our Earl???:081:

It's nowt to do with him being on big wages when he DID have runs in the side he was always offside and for most of the time didn't seem to look like he wanted to be out there, I'm sure this was noticed by the players and coaching staff as well, even in the relegation season.
and after his first stint at Blackpool where he stupidly made comments like not wanting to come back here again- possibly thinking Blackpool would put a bid in for him(what with eh? Last summer they had less money than us! And we ain't got much!)

For NP to even give him a second chance he must've thought long and hard about whether DJ deserved it, yes we only saw some brief appearances from him in that second chance, but NP would've seen him day in,day out at training and quickly decided he was right the first time!

You may be right but i'm not quite so sure. When he was given that handfull of appearances we had 3/4 strikers on the bench each game. I think Blackpool came knocking and NP saw it as an easy way to reduce the wage bill while not affecting the team. Had we not loaned Waghorn, or if other strikers were injured, we might've kept him.

Back on topic, I suspect Moritz Volz might be on his way here. I know I posted exactly the same rumour last season, but I think it's got legs this time.

A few from the usual...
Leicester City look set to make attacker Rob Young their second signing of the season after the capture of promising youngster Joe Jones.

Sources have claimed that the 22–year–old could agree terms today (Monday) and join the club on a 6 month contract.

Leicester City rumours:

I am friends with the head of the supporters association at Leicester and he informs me that Nigel Pearson has been given £4million to spend in signings and wages plus any sales made. They are;

Leon Best – Newcastle (Loan)
Tom Cleverly – Manchester Utd (£1.3million)
Dejan Milovanovic – Lens (£750,000)
Chidi Odiah – CSKA Moscow (Bosman)

At least 3 of these WILL HAPPENyou heard it here first..
Leicester City rumours:
IN:
Kanu (750k)
Robert Koren (free)
Martyn Waghorn (2.5m)
Alex Bruce (500k)
Robert Snodgrass (1m)
OUT:
DJ Campbell – Blackpool (2.5m)
Wayne Brown – Notts County (500k)
LEEDS

INS
Wayne Brown – Leicester – £400k

BOLTON TRANSFER NEWS:
Coyle is set to trim deadweight and some major players to raid old club burnley and other cheap signings.

IN:
Jack Hobbs – Leicester – 1.5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673