THE ASHES

Status
Not open for further replies.
but i don't know if i'd play Pieterson...i mean Thorpe's a good consistent test player and he'd stay at the crease for a long time.

Scodger Cubs said:
but i don't know if i'd play Pieterson...i mean Thorpe's a good consistent test player and he'd stay at the crease for a long time.

Heard on the radio that as well as making a few runs Pietersen picked up an injury....which could makeup the selectors minds for them

Thorpe must be one of Englands best players over the last 10 years and yet i feel there could be touch of fate looming. Pietersen may well miss the 1st test with a groin strain, leaving Thorpe for a final bow. IMO the Aussies will fancy themselves much more in this 1st test, than what they did a couple of weeks ago. Its a big concern that they have now blasted through our top order in 3 of the most recent games. If Thorpe comes in and fails then its sure to be his last game leaving the way open for Pietersen, and imo an exciting new era.

i reckon we might struggle in the tests. Im hoping we do win it. if we doo id go 3-2 but i cant really see it.

Our main area of improvement is that our lower order no longer collapses as it used to and this was proved today when the lower order did a sterling job to bring us back from what was begining to look like a terrible score.

Although Thorpe is consistant IMO we would be better off with petierson as I reckon it could be time for him to bow out of the international team gracefully. He is last of the old team that used to struggle. i.e the atherton captianed team. He is still ok but I reckon some cracks are begining to show in his game and maybe his time has come.

Brauny Blue said:
Thorpe must be one of Englands best players over the last 10 years and yet i feel there could be touch of fate looming. Pietersen may well miss the 1st test with a groin strain, leaving Thorpe for a final bow. IMO the Aussies will fancy themselves much more in this 1st test, than what they did a couple of weeks ago. Its a big concern that they have now blasted through our top order in 3 of the most recent games. If Thorpe comes in and fails then its sure to be his last game leaving the way open for Pietersen, and imo an exciting new era.

Feck. Another howler from Brauny.
Thorpe out, Pietersen in.:017: :087:

Brauny Blue said:
Thorpe out, Pietersen in.
Good decision in my opinion, Thorpy's been magnificent, but old father time dictates Kev get the nod. Hope he performs.

I'm in my works ,and the sun's cricket dreamteam competition. Anyone care to predict the Aussie line up for the 1st test match? because i've got to substitute the ' one day ' players that will not feature in the test matches. You only get one chance to make these subs so its important to pick players who will be in most of the test matches.

Nice one Scodger. Not sure about Brad Hogg, IMO Stuart Mac Gill might be ahead of him for test match selection and i don't think they will play 2 spinners at Lords.

Brauny Blue said:
Nice one Scodger. Not sure about Brad Hogg, IMO Stuart Mac Gill might be ahead of him for test match selection and i don't think they will play 2 spinners at Lords.

Not so sure about that after seeing the county boys twatting him all around the field on Sunday.

DurhamFox said:
Not so sure about that after seeing the county boys twatting him all around the field on Sunday.

He wasn't the only one to feel the full force of the mighty Leicestershire CCC.:067: :072: :071: :065:

Well its the eve of the long awaited Ashes series. Anyone like to predict the outcome for the series. I'm predicting a 2-2 draw which would mean the Aussies retaining the Ashes.

id like to go 3-2 but i cant see a whole series without one draw due to weather. so ill go 2-1 aussies. I reckon the weather will take out two games.

We're going to win this one...
2-1 and a nice big payout from the bookies.:icon_lol:

whats the odds on that then MK?

nice norks by the way fcukcov!

12-1.
Funnily enough my diary has worked out that I'm working at home tomorrow....strange...

MKFox said:
nice norks by the way fcukcov!

12-1.
Funnily enough my diary has worked out that I'm working at home tomorrow....strange...

hmm odd. Unfortunately I cant do that so Wanado score board will have to do.

Shes called Ewa Sonnett for anyone whos interested. Shes Polish and has her own website.

aussies batting. 55-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670