The Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world is going soft.
No need for it FIF, a tremendous ambassador for our club with royal blue blood coarsing through his veins.

A polite, approachable and very kind man who has raised over a million pounds for charity in his lifetime.

As my gran used to say "if you haven't got anything constructive to say keep your mouth shut."

Leicester City Ambassador Alan Birchenall is recovering in hospital after suffering a heart attack on Thursday evening.
Alan, 71, was representing the Club at the 2016 Leicester Mercury Sports Awards at Welford Road when he collapsed needing urgent medical attention.

Thanks to the swift response of both those on site and arriving paramedics, Alan received treatment and regained consciousness at the scene before being transferred to Glenfield Hospital, where he is now in a stable condition following overnight examination.

On behalf of Alan, his family and everyone at Leicester City Football Club, we would like to extend our sincere thanks to all those whose instant assistance ensured Alan received the appropriate treatment in the quickest time possible.

Alan would also like to express his thanks for the numerous messages of love and support he has received.

‘Birch’ will continue to be monitored over the coming days as he continues his recovery and he does so with the thoughts and love of everyone at Leicester City Football Club.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/update-alan-birchenall-3517470.aspx

T

This forum would be dead if you all did that.
I agree we all have different views but I fail to see the value/point in referring to people on this forum as reverting to 'Diana syndrome' when all they have shown is compassion/concern for someone who for much of his life has attempted to do the same.

He is after all Mr Leicester City.

Throughout my 30 years supporting Leicester, only 2 things have remained constant.

Us playing in predominantly blue and Birch doing his end of season run and half time entertainment.

To lose one of these would be a massive loss and it almost wouldn't be the same going to watch us play at home.

He isn't a modern day, money grabbing footballer who is only here for a couple of years but someone who has practically dedicated his life to the club and he isn't even originally from Leicester but has worked for us for his love of the club!

I understand in this age of social media etc the whole compassion for celebrities can get a bit OTT but there's certainly nothing wrong with it.

Leicester legend or not, why exactly you would feel the need to point out that you never liked him and lament a one minute celebration as symptomatic of society going soft while the man is fighting for his life is beyond me but there we are

I can see why he was kicked out of FoxesTalk.

Leicester legend or not, why exactly you would feel the need to point out that you never liked him and lament a one minute celebration as symptomatic of society going soft while the man is fighting for his life is beyond me but there we are

Because he's an attention seeking ****.

He doesn't look too bad here just before it happened, perhaps a bit flushed.
I see the Doctor said the defribulator possibly saved his life.
As Birch was behind raising funds to help put them in schools in the County, it would have been cruel had there not been one available.
15796495-large.jpg

Never met him for one minute, never saw him play. He's always been there though as much a friendly face at our club as anyone.

I was very saddened and shocked at this news and glad he seems to be pulling through.

I don't think a show of respect/ applause is merited as he is hasn't passed away. He is however such a huge part of our recent history, and deserving of recognition. I'm sure he would be touched to see this.

I don't think a show of respect/ applause is merited as he is hasn't passed away. He is however such a huge part of our recent history, and deserving of recognition. I'm sure he would be touched to see this.

Much more worthwhile showing respects when someone hasn't died IMO. Be a nice change.

I had my picture taken with him on the Filbert St pitch; was arranged by a work colleague after I lost both of my parents. He was nothing but lovely! Just remembered another pic with him at the Farewell to Pontus night, he was well oiled. Love him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566