The Championship 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again... I'd hate to see Watford's approach pay off, because it will lead to more of the same from others.

Think I have to go for a Palace win. Think Watford are more likely to win though.

Watford will be a shadow of this team next team.

I remembered towards the end that their transfer embargo goes up until the end of summer. That will be great to see - although I'm sure they'll get round it.

Best team on the day won and fair play to Palace but Watford were very disappointing and not even half the team they were against us any of the times we faced them!

Probably the best result for us next year too as I can't imagine all Watford's loan players will stay and big chance Deeney will go but no chance to us. Can see Zola leaving too so could be a completely different Watford team we see next year.

I am pleased to see Palace go up rather than Watford. It seems to me that you should be limited to owning one football club and not just one per country and that foreign loans should be subject to the same rules as domestic ones.

Also I am a supporter of Ian Holloway. He certainly made mistakes at Leicester although I put more blame on Martin Allen and regard the Megson resignation was more important than usually acknowledged. I was pleased with his appointment but have since come to feel that he was the right man at the wrong time. Certainly reading his book made me realise that the pre-season is even more important to Holloway than to most managers.

There is another reason for my liking Ian Holloway. I believe that if you want to judge a man see how he treats the people at the bottom. had a friend who was a cleaner at Belvoir Drive. He said that Martin Allen was the most unpleasant man he had ever met while Ian Holloway was one of the nicest.

It is good to see that a nice man should become a winner

I couldn't make up mind whether I wanted Watford to suffer today or for them suffer all next season.

It was brilliant watching them lose in a pub full of their fans. Palace got everything right on the day and they were worthy winners. Fair play to Holloway and their players. Zaha was a class apart.

Thought Jedinak, Zaha and Delaney were superb for Palace today. Doyley and Almunia were massive for Watford - unfortunately for them their defensive colleagues weren't quite as sharp and they let Palace through time after time after time. Better team won on the day.

I couldn't make up mind whether I wanted Watford to suffer today or for them suffer all next season.

It was brilliant watching them lose in a pub full of their fans. Palace got everything right on the day and they were worthy winners. Fair play to Holloway and their players. Zaha was a class apart.

Regardless of how they suffered as a team, how could anyone want them to have suceeded or have gone up in that final?

It would be like wanting MK Dons to go up - seeing a team gain success by such horrible means would just set a precedent and cause others to follow suit.

I'm no Holloway fan, but absolutely every part of me wanted Watford to lose in that final, not because they beat us in the semis, but because of the way they've gotten to being so close to promotion in the first place. Now hopefully, that loophole will be tied up and Watford won't be able to do the same next season.

Last edited:
Regardless of how they suffered as a team, how could anyone want them to have suceeded or have gone up in that final?

It would be like wanting MK Dons to go up - seeing a team gain success by such horrible means would just set a precedent and cause others to follow suit.

I'm no Holloway fan, but absolutely every part of me wanted Watford to lose in that final, not because they beat us in the semis, but because of the way they've gotten to being so close to promotion in the first place. Now hopefully, that loophole will be tied up and Watford won't be able to do the same next season.

Does their transfer embargo apply to loans as well, do you know?

I thought the odd quirk of the loan system that they (legally and rightly) exploited had been removed for next season. I may have imagined it.

I thought the odd quirk of the loan system that they (legally and rightly) exploited had been removed for next season. I may have imagined it.

It has been, but I believe they have also been given a transfer embargo, though I'm not sure what for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669