Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it not occured to people that Pearson, Walsh etc probably have been working on signings for many many months and that the players we identified either turned out to be unsuitable, too greedy or just didn't fancy coming to us? I don't buy into this thought that the club have been sitting on their hands and now started panic buying. Futhermore, Pearson himself said that people would be very surprised at some of the players that we have tried to sign but have been unsuccessful in doing so.

I do not accept this excuse: if one player demands more in wages than we are prepared to pay, then you may say that he is greedy; if, as you suggest, a stream of players have rejected our offer, then we are not offering a sufficiently attractive package.

I think if he wasn't buying out of 'panic', Ulloa would have been signed in June

We tried to sign him in June or even May (the rumours about him started before last season finished), so he clearly wasn't a panic target. Sometimes you have to wait for the selling club to line up a replacement before they'll let a player leave, which is what appears to have happened in this case.

Last edited:
We've chased this fella for weeks and this is our fifth offer for him so we should all be very pleased that it's finally coming to a successful conclusion. Either we back Steve Walsh's judgement or we don't. He's right more than he's wrong.

This coming season will be completely different to last year in every possible way. We will not be playing two strikers very often, we will not be winning very often. In many games, we will not have the ball very often. This guy sounds exactly what we need to be honest. A strong physical presence that can hold up the ball, bring others into the game and finish. I don't give a shiny shite how much he's costing.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-set-sign-Leonardo-Ulloa-Brighton/story-21653774-detail/story.html

Just get it done and move onto the next target.

I endorse this.

I'm not convinced, when was the last time a big money transfer ever paid off for us? However we need to add to the squad, ours is a bit thin on the ground so in that respect it will be a much welcome acquisition. Hopefully a few more, the defence and fullback positions in particular especially need adding to..

I think Shaun is right, instead of being ambitious and making a couple of big signings, we should stick to what we know and buy minnows. That will definitely keep us in the prem.

I think Shaun is right, instead of being ambitious and making a couple of big signings, we should stick to what we know and buy minnows. That will definitely keep us in the prem.

No need for sarcasm. You don't need to make big signings to be ambitious. Besides. Leonardo Ulloa is hardly Lionel Messi is he? Big money doesn't always equate to big signings.

I'm just glad to see numbers added to the squad, obviously we don't want any old fecker but I hope we're looking at a few more to boost the squad.

Last edited:
We will probably b e playing 1 up top this season and yet we have 5 strikers on the books. The squad looks massively imbalanced to me.

I think we need a left back, right back and an experienced head for the center of midfield.

Face the facts:

The majority of our squad from last season are being trusted with keeping us up this season.

RDL will be number one right back with Liam Moore as backup (also as backup to CB imo).

Our midfield will be made up of 4/5 of the following: James, Drinkwater, King, Hammond, Albrighton, Knockaert, Mahrez

Of our strikers, it is likely we will have one definitive striker up front with one of the remaining playing behind the main striker. Imo this will be Ulloa with either Vardy or Nugent playing just behind him with Albrighton and Mahrez/Knockaert on either wing.

Nigel Pearson has gained weight over the summer.

We tried to sign him in June or even May (the rumours about him started before last season finished), so he clearly wasn't a panic target. Sometimes you have to wait for the selling club to line up a replacement before they'll let a player leave, which is what appears to have happened in this case.

I think I've read somewhere that we tried to sign him in January 2013 but, for whatever reason, he went to Brighton and we signed Chris Wood instead. If this is the case, he's been on our radar for ages.

I think I've read somewhere that we tried to sign him in January 2013 but, for whatever reason, he went to Brighton and we signed Chris Wood instead. If this is the case, he's been on our radar for ages.
He wasn´t the only one of our targets that went to Hove

I'm just happy our record signing in the history books won't be Ade Akinbiyi anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669