The crunch

Who do you think will join Scunny and Colchester in lge 1

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Well we are back in with a fighting chance again.
As we go into April it looks like there will be 6 clubs trying to avoid the drop.

SHEFF W.......currently in the drop zone, but with games in hand and probaly one of the best run of fixtures left.

SOUTHAMPTON.......appear to be in meltdown. On current form are probaly the most nervous going into the final games. Also some tricky fixtures with Bristol C, West Brom and Charlton being 3 of their last 5 opponents.

BARNSLEY........could easily be distracted by the f.a.cup. They have 3 consecutive home games which could make or break them.

COVENTRY........if there is a god:icon_wink. The scum have a game in hand on us but also have Watford, Stoke, Wolves, and Charlton in their final 6 games.

LEICESTER.........have 4 games where we could accumulate a good few points, but do we really want to go to Stoke needing a result.

NORWICH..........should be o.k with 3 of their 5 games at home.

I'd love to see Cov go down and Soton are wobbling(if only we'd got the draw we deserved at their place, things would look so much better) but I think Barnesly must be favourite.

Soton are going to lose the fight now i think. What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours.

IMO it's one of either ourselves or Southampton. I just have this dreadful feeling about this season, we know we can pick up points, I'd put my mortgage on us picking up no points next weekend. The game on Tuesday between Coventry and Sheff W will be interesting as well, I think Coventry will edge them out..

IMO it's one of either ourselves or Southampton. I just have this dreadful feeling about this season, we know we can pick up points, I'd put my mortgage on us picking up no points next weekend. The game on Tuesday between Coventry and Sheff W will be interesting as well, I think Coventry will edge them out..

I oddly think we will get a good result at Sheff U. The blades season is over, their fans wont be up for it and hopefully their team will not have the desire. They are there for the taking imo.

If there was a choice between Cov and Barnsley going down, your saying that your not bothered:102:

Yeah,I never have got this local rivalry thing,I don't hate Coventry,Derby,Forest etc.I'm indifferent to their plight,I just support my team:102:Maybe its because of where I live but saying that I've always felt like this.

I reckon Barnsley are gonna get to the cup final and go down. For a while now their cup run has covered over their terrible league form, and they've been dragged right into it.

I think Southampton and ourselves will just about scrape enough points to stay up. Our run in is really in our favour since we play both Colchester and Sheff Wed at home.

I think Barnsley have 3 home games? They have a very good home record so that might keep them up.We could do with Coventry beating Sheff Wed IMO

Last edited:
Yeah,I never have got this local rivalry thing,I don't hate Coventry,Derby,Forest etc.I'm indifferent to their plight,I just support my team:102:Maybe its because of where I live but saying that I've always felt like this.

I 'get' the local rivalry but I cannot for the life of me understand why the mongies in the crowd constantly chant about hating Nottingham when we are playing Scunthorpe, Colchester, Hull, Bristol, Preston............

The game on Tuesday between Coventry and Sheff W will be interesting as well, I think Coventry will edge them out..

much as I hate to say it, and it will pull them away from us a little, but a Cov win is probably what we need. Although a draw will at least keep more teams in the scrap.

I voted, looked at the poll results to see whats what, and someones voted for ourselves to go down - ''I mean, I know we can be negative at times but wheres the need for that?'', I thought.

Then it hit me - What I was seeing was in fact Fludology in full flow once again.

I voted, looked at the poll results to see whats what, and someones voted for ourselves to go down - ''I mean, I know we can be negative at times but wheres the need for that?'', I thought.

Then it hit me - What I was seeing was in fact Fludology in full flow once again.

A bit surprised ourselves and Wednesday have not had more votes.
One win and everyone is happy again:)

Thing is, as poor as we have been all season we do have, or SHOULD have, one of the better run in's, as you have clearly shown very nicely BB:)

I just feel that we should try and stay positive now, as Joe Fox pointed out earlier on this week...put things in perspective, lets see what happens, but I for one am at least happy to let they, the players show me what they can do over the next few games - simple as that.:icon_wink

Cov please, Soton more likely.

Cov please, Soton more likely.
Based on what I saw today, it'll be Southampton. 11 strangers who squandered possession and argued like girls all afternoon. We had a shoestring team out and could have put 4 or 5 past them. Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669