The end of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BMI is a lot of bollocks. I know myself that I could do with shedding a few pounds, but I am not ****ing obese

When Biffa Bacon last had a health check, he dared the nurse to tell any of the Tiggers players that they were obese.

BMI fails to take into account all sorts of crap.

As for the lower end, apparently, the NHS (according to this nurse) considers 20 to be underweight when every other bugger says it's 18. I think they pull balls out of a bag to determine what's fat, thin or "normal".

It exists and is called Scientology. :icon_roll

Scientology is blamed for being stupid and unpleasant and no doubt this is true.

Around 250AD a man called Denis had his head chopped off. He then walked around six miles to the place now now as Montmartre (hill of the martyrs). While he walked with his head under his arm he preached a sermon. After six miles he then died.
Is anything in Scientology more stupid than that.

At some time in the 1250s it was decided that the recently deceased Guinefort was a saint because he had worked miracles curing a number of people. Guinefort was no doubt far pleasanter and more sensible than St Denis but one other difference is that St Guinefort was a dog.
It is not only Scientology that believes daft things.

Scientologists seem to be very unpleasant to opponents or members who try and leave. When Mary Tudor had people burned at the stake or Philip II condemned the entire Dutch nation to death (no jokes about Mark De Vries please) this was more than unpleasant.

There was a very nasty case this week of an RE teacher who was savagely attacked and had his face slashed for teaching the national curriculum to girls of Bangladeshi origin. You will not be surprised to know that it was not scientologists that were responsible.

I do not in any way defend scientology or any other weird cult. I do point out that scientologists, hare krishnas and theosophists have no power and few followers. The real problem lies elsewhere.

Scientology is blamed for being stupid and unpleasant and no doubt this is true.

Around 250AD a man called Denis had his head chopped off. He then walked around six miles to the place now now as Montmartre (hill of the martyrs). While he walked with his head under his arm he preached a sermon. After six miles he then died.
Is anything in Scientology more stupid than that.

At some time in the 1250s it was decided that the recently deceased Guinefort was a saint because he had worked miracles curing a number of people. Guinefort was no doubt far pleasanter and more sensible than St Denis but one other difference is that St Guinefort was a dog.

Scientologists seem to be very unpleasant to opponents or members who try and leave. When Mary Tudor had people burned at the stake or Philip II condemned the entire Dutch nation to death (no jokes about Mark De Vries please) this was more than unpleasant.

There was a very nasty case this week of an RE teacher who was savagely attacked and had his face slashed for teaching the national curriculum to girls of Bangladeshi origin. You will not be surprised to know that it was not scientologists that were responsible.

I do not in any way defend scientology or any other weird cult. I do point out that scientologists, hare krishnas and theosophists have no power and few followers. The real problem lies elsewhere.
:038:

Indeed. Over 2 billion people believe that approximately 2000 years ago there existed a man called Jesus, who was his own father, could walk on water and do various cheap conjuring tricks, who devised a way for himself to be blood sacrificed to himself causing zombies to rise up out of their graves and wander around Jerusalem, he then managed to subvert all Roman crucifixion practices by being removed from the cross so that he could raise himself from the dead, then magically fly up into the sky after talking to his mates for a bit.

Over 2 billion human beings alive on this planet right now believe all of that, and a lot more inane nonsense that I've missed out, to be the absolute truth.

How the **** did we get here as a species?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670