The even newer Things Pissing You Off thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawsley

How come O2 can decide to up my contract payments mid-contract because they failed to plan ahead but I can't scale down the months I am contracted for because I don't want their shitty service any longer?

That's rhetorical.

How come O2 can decide to up my contract payments mid-contract because they failed to plan ahead but I can't scale down the months I am contracted for because I don't want their shitty service any longer?

That's rhetorical.

Surely if they change the terms of the contract without your consent, the contract is void?

I don't care if it's rhetorical, I'm trying desperately to get involved.

I think they covered themselves on that one by getting my permission to change the terms of the contract.

I should take me to court.

The lack of competent, freely available mental health provision.

That, and the fact that no one really gives a **** about mental health care unless a twat with a gun runs about in a foreign land killing kids.

The lack of competent, freely available mental health provision.

That, and the fact that no one really gives a **** about mental health care unless a twat with a gun runs about in a foreign land killing kids.

I care, my wife works in mental health. It's scary how poor some of the care is out there and it's probably only going to get worse.

Shooter rumoured to have a history of mental health issues and possibly autistic.

A big part of the problem here is that health services aren't free, and even when you have insurance one of the first things trimmed out of any plan is mental health services.

You're right, it should be readily, and freely, available.

Last edited:
Mine has been abysmal. Shockingly abysmal.

It's a numbers game as to how many people can be seen. The care itself seems a secondary consideration and that's after you take off all the time needed for paperwork and other bullshit. My wife is really frustrated with it.

It's a numbers game as to how many people can be seen. The care itself seems a secondary consideration and that's after you take off all the time needed for paperwork and other bullshit. My wife is really frustrated with it.

My experience of it has also been ****ing horrendous. It was slow, and after 18 months of waiting the standard of care was non-existent.

I had reason to spend quite some time on a mental health ward over the summer, both visiting and desperately attempting to get someone the proper care and support they urgently required. It was scandalous and sickening and is only matched by the appalling care of older people by the NHS. Some staff were decent, most were a disgrace. I purchased some books on the diagnosed conditions suffered by the person I was supporting due to the complete lack of mental health understanding from staff and took them into the ward. In the end, I left these pretty basic books with the staff as they were clearly in acute need of them. Aside from the ward Matron, the only time they were interested in doing anything was when I made formal complaints.

Whilst the politicians argue about how much money is spent on the NHS and how to constantly re-organise it for no benefit, what is patently clear to me is that if you want humane care and dignity in this country, you either have to be rich or avoid getting mentally ill or old. Why everyone is so in love with the NHS is beyond me. It is broken.

I had reason to spend quite some time on a mental health ward over the summer, both visiting and desperately attempting to get someone the proper care and support they urgently required. It was scandalous and sickening and is only matched by the appalling care of older people by the NHS. Some staff were decent, most were a disgrace. I purchased some books on the diagnosed conditions suffered by the person I was supporting due to the complete lack of mental health understanding from staff and took them into the ward. In the end, I left these pretty basic books with the staff as they were clearly in acute need of them. Aside from the ward Matron, the only time they were interested in doing anything was when I made formal complaints.

Whilst the politicians argue about how much money is spent on the NHS and how to constantly re-organise it for no benefit, what is patently clear to me is that if you want humane care and dignity in this country, you either have to be rich or avoid getting mentally ill or old. Why everyone is so in love with the NHS is beyond me. It is broken.

Couldn't agree more. The NHS is fine as a basic healthcare function, but they are completely out of their depth when it comes to mental health care and most of their methods are antiquated and out-dated. With the ageing population and increased identification and instances of mental health issues, coupled with a lack of investment, it's not looking good for the future.

When I had to be admitted for a physical injury, something they could see and photograph, my care was very decent. Admittedly, I'd have preferred it if the homeless alcoholics weren't on the ward but that's not the fault of the staff. That, and the fact that Macky has to have somewhere to sleep at night.

Mental health has always been a Cinderella service in the NHS and they are simply not geared up to do anything other than prescribe pills. With a cut in funding in real terms again, I don't expect an improvement any time soon.

Ignorant Americans. The majority of Americans I know well are sane, logical people, but the Americans who seem to shout loudest are ignorant ****tards. One guy on Twitter believes that Americans need handguns to protect themselves because they are naturally more aggressive, violent people. It makes sense, the first thing the police do to aggressive people, before they arrest them, is arm them.

Ignorant Americans. The majority of Americans I know well are sane, logical people, but the Americans who seem to shout loudest are ignorant ****tards. One guy on Twitter believes that Americans need handguns to protect themselves because they are naturally more aggressive, violent people. It makes sense, the first thing the police do to aggressive people, before they arrest them, is arm them.

Sounds equally as ludicrous as the idea to arm teachers. If that's the answer, they need to have a long hard look at their laws and choices.

May as well be done with it and just arm the kids.

I have work colleagues in the US who think nothing about owning desert eagles and assault rifles, perfectly sane people most of the time but absolute idiots where guns are concerned.

I have seen the A-team and The Terminator and can attest that there is a need for an armed populace.

I have work colleagues in the US who think nothing about owning desert eagles and assault rifles, perfectly sane people most of the time but absolute idiots where guns are concerned.

I keep going back to the thought that they must be compensating for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669