The Foreign Football Thread 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

First of four El Classicos in the space of 3 weeks starts in just over an hour on Sky.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully a beautiful 6-0 mauling by Barca will cheer me up from Leicester's result today. :038:

SwedeFox

First of four El Classicos in the space of 3 weeks starts in just over an hour on Sky.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully a beautiful 6-0 mauling by Barca will cheer me up from Leicester's result today. :038:
Just found a brilliant GolTV stream on Veetle, with Ray Hudson obviously so it's not very enjoyable. Just realised he's from Gateshead, well he's still bloody annoying.

Profondo Rosso

Decent enough game. Mourinho's comments after the game made me laugh as ever though.

Blaarev

More importantly, Jose Mourinho's 9 year unbeaten home record came to an end last night, as Madrid lost to Sporting Gijon. Barca beat Villarreal 1 nil away, opening up an 8 point gap.

Arguably the title races in England, Spain and maybe even Italy all ended yesterday

Napoli still only 3 point behind Milan after todays win so Serie A is still open I think.

After this weekend's results in Italy, I finally agree :icon_wink

Profondo Rosso

Yep. Hopefully it's all over now.

One thing though is Leonardo is Ancelotti all over again. He's such a likeable bloke, he was a pundit on the BBC for either a Euro or a World Cup a while back, best pundit BBC have had in years. It's a shame he had to soil his name by going to Inter.

Hopefully Inter and Chelsea will both sack their managers in the summer and I can go back to properly hating them again.

Last edited:

jb5000

Didn't Leonardo soil his name by breaking that american guy's face at USA'94?

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

I don't know, I'm too young to remember USA '94.

Profondo Rosso

No, but I've always found this video to be awesome:

[YOUTUBE]boPQNpPvJq0[/YOUTUBE]

Profondo Rosso

Looks like Manuel Neuer is certain to move to Bayern in the summer now. Should be a cracking move for them. Reckon he'll take Casillas' place as being regarded as the finest keeper in the world before long.

Last edited:

Blaarev

FCK Copenhagen sneaks the Danish title with only seven games left. 26 points clear. Oh, the excitement!!!

Hazzman

Looks like Manuel Neuer is certain to move to Bayern in the summer now..

A big percentage of Bayern fans think it's a very daft move. It's completely board-led. Van Gaal partly lost his job because he replaced Butt with Kraft who did a decent job.

This explains it - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/raphael_honigstein/01/12/bayern.kraft.neuer/index.html

They are crying out for a centre-back. Apparently, there's a 8 million euro re-buy clause in Hummels' contract but Bayern are chasing van der Wiel and Boateng.

Anywhere Bayern's place in the Champions League is still in question, Hannover won tonight to re-take 3rd spot. Bayern have a tricky game at Frankfurt this week (Dortmund lost here). The fixture are probably just in favour of Hannover.

Profondo Rosso

A big percentage of Bayern fans think it's a very daft move. It's completely board-led. Van Gaal partly lost his job because he replaced Butt with Kraft who did a decent job.

This explains it - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/raphael_honigstein/01/12/bayern.kraft.neuer/index.html

They are crying out for a centre-back. Apparently, there's a 8 million euro re-buy clause in Hummels' contract but Bayern are chasing van der Wiel and Boateng.

Anywhere Bayern's place in the Champions League is still in question, Hannover won tonight to re-take 3rd spot. Bayern have a tricky game at Frankfurt this week (Dortmund lost here). The fixture are probably just in favour of Hannover.

I heard something about this being a board led transfer and that van Gaal didn't want him, but didn't realise that it's partly down to losing his job.

Hummels would be silly to go back imo.

Interesting fact I saw on the Bundesliga preview on ESPN earlier btw: This Dortmund side is set to become the youngest squad to win the title in Bundesliga history!

Last edited:

Hazzman

Well Bayern drew at Frankfurt...real race on now.

Dortmund suffered a shock loss at Mochengladbach, you'd think a win at home next week should see them there.

Looks like St Pauli, Borrussia MG and Wolfsburg if they lose tomorrow will be the three teams for relegation. Any of them could get the second chance of the play-off.

LCFCmonkey

Wisła Kraków are three points ahead of Leicester's pre-season opponents Jagiellonia Białystok in the Polish Ekstraklasa. The third and final European spot can still be realistically won by anyone from Lechia Gdańsk in 3rd (35 points) to Widzew Łódź in 13th (30 points) with 6 games left after the weekend.

It's still between Polonia Bytom, Arka Gdynia and Cracovia for the 2 relegation spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669