Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's massively concerning when we're in the top 4 with our 2nd best ever chance of making it to the Champions League - and trying to win cups - that we've not signed anyone in January when we've been trying since the summer for a centre back and a winger.

Everyone knows what we need... Why can't we get anyone to tick those boxes?

I was told admittedly by a bloke at the bar in Villa Park last night. :D He said he was in the know and that if we get our main target, a centre half, it will be a wow signing. If it doesn’t work out. Plan B is the Southampton guy on loan

It's massively concerning when we're in the top 4 with our 2nd best ever chance of making it to the Champions League - and trying to win cups - that we've not signed anyone in January when we've been trying since the summer for a centre back and a winger.

Money, players, clubs, girlfriends, ambition, wifes, greed, agents

Massively concerning? Relax, Graz, que sera, sera.

I was told admittedly by a bloke at the bar in Villa Park last night. :D He said he was in the know and that if we get our main target, a centre half, it will be a wow signing. If it doesn’t work out. Plan B is the Southampton guy on loan

If it's not the wow signing it'll be whatever the opposite of a wow signing is? There's probably a good few steps down in quality between wow and whatever he is. I'd be more happy with a meh signing if the bar bloke is correct.

I’m not overly bothered about signing anyone in January. It takes time to get quality in. If that means waiting until summer that’s fine.

I choose to take the positive, the club clearly won't be held to ransom in this window and aren't panic buying either

I’m not overly bothered about signing anyone in January. It takes time to get quality in. If that means waiting until summer that’s fine.

But what bothers me is that we've already been trying for both positions since the summer...

We had a good idea that Maguire would've been leaving in the summer, which meant us needing another centre back which we should've been prepared for. We wanted a winger all summer supposedly. So for the 2nd window in a row, we're still not signing those players we need - January is definitely difficult to sign players at the right price, but my worry is that I'm not that hopeful of us getting them in the summer either, and that we could be letting a HUGE opportunity slip this season.

We should be far enough ahead of 5th to finish in the top 4, but it's not sewn up yet - and if we are going to have CL next season, it would be good for those players to have time to fit into our squad still this season too.

But what bothers me is that we've already been trying for both positions since the summer...

We had a good idea that Maguire would've been leaving in the summer, which meant us needing another centre back which we should've been prepared for. We wanted a winger all summer supposedly. So for the 2nd window in a row, we're still not signing those players we need - January is definitely difficult to sign players at the right price, but my worry is that I'm not that hopeful of us getting them in the summer either, and that we could be letting a HUGE opportunity slip this season.

We should be far enough ahead of 5th to finish in the top 4, but it's not sewn up yet - and if we are going to have CL next season, it would be good for those players to have time to fit into our squad still this season too.
What if people don't want to sell to us, though? I'm sure that we would be annoyed if the club sold our better players in January, so it's not a stretch to think that others would feel the same.

The central defender we wanted did his ACL which scuppered us.

Personally, I'd have more faith in Benkovic being third choice and play him more and then reassess in the summer.

We're at the level now where punts and short term fixes are really not what we want to do. Our squad is already badly bloated by dopey additions.

I also have zero trust in Congerton knowing what he's doing.

did we want a defender in August? I know Sky kept saying we did but people like Percy kept saying we weren't fussed, that we'd get one if the price was right but weren't desperate

Weve recalled Sam Hughes. Job done....

The central defender we wanted did his ACL which scuppered us.

Personally, I'd have more faith in Benkovic being third choice and play him more and then reassess in the summer.

We're at the level now where punts and short term fixes are really not what we want to do. Our squad is already badly bloated by dopey additions.

I also have zero trust in Congerton knowing what he's doing.

Agreed regarding Benkovic. Last time we stepped up a young recent signing at CB it proved to be a good decision. But if BR doesn't have the faith in him then I trust the gaffer.

This project is just beginning at our club. Keep the faith, Jan isn't an easy market and in general the transfer market is a bit bonkers to deal with.

Demirih would've been awesome. I think if we believe we can keep him injury free then we may well go for him in the summer with less competition and more of a bargaining chip..

Think Brendan just wants Benkovic to go out and get some games rather than losing/not having faith in him

Renato Velasco.jpg

Apparently this agent has engineered the Barcelona story himself to get a move/deal going, naughty boy!!!!
I tend not to read any speculation as most of it is bollocks.

View attachment 15154

Apparently this agent has engineered the Barcelona story himself to get a move/deal going, naughty boy!!!!
I tend not to read any speculation as most of it is bollocks.
What Barcelona story? What have I missed (or forgotten about)? Don't agents make things up all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363