Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thai you're wasting your time mate. Thought out rational posts don't work with those who just want to argue for the sake of it and think its clever to swear as they think it gives their stupid comment some validity.
My point was that using one player as the paradigm by which to judge all others is stupid. Have someone explain it to you, or I'll send you over a diagram and a packet of crayons so that you can work it through.

Oh, I forgot the obligatory '****'. So, ****.

Pop, i don't think folks are saying Benkovic is the dog's bollocks. Rather that he might have the potential to do well if given the opportunity, probably similarly to Soyuncu.

Cags has played at a higher level imo when he was at Freiburg in the Bundesliga for 2 seasons. However Benkovic has played 76 matches for Dinamo Zagreb including 15 European matches.

He also got 4 European matches at Celtic as well as first team regular football in a big stadium and rowdy fans. This is important as well, to not be too phased by these sorts of things.

At Bristol City this season, he's done well epecially after the restart including good performances vs Hull, Middlesborough and a recent MOTM performance at Stoke.

Finally, his physical attributes are important. 6'4 tall and strong as an ox by all accounts. We need a strong, imposing defender who's driven and hungry with some European experience. Might also help with attacking set pieces.

If he's sent out on loan again then it looks like there may be something wrong. Given our exploits next season it looks like he'd be perfect especially if money is tight.
All of this is spot on. He may be great. He may be rubbish. Who knows. I hope he's great as we are desperate for a CB but I still think I'd like us to invest is one. We shall see how it all pans out but I'm not convinced Rodgers thinks hugely of him.

All of this is spot on. He may be great. He may be rubbish. Who knows. I hope he's great as we are desperate for a CB but I still think I'd like us to invest is one. We shall see how it all pans out but I'm not convinced Rodgers thinks hugely of him.

If BR doesn't rate him for us in the PL but thought he was a top first team player at Celtic, says a lot about the quality difference.

But for me it's a no-brainer, i hope we can bring him into the mix and see how he does. I have a feeling he may be the one saying he wants first team football.

This if course assuming he didn't take a shit in BR or Kolo's car.

Center back is probably going to be the hardest place to recruit. Evans and Soyunchu have been two of our best and most consistent performers, so to get a player that is better will be very expensive, and it's difficult to get a decent player to sit on the bench.

I doubt we will spend the money to improve on those two. We already have Morgan as experienced backup, so we would be in the market for a young player with potential - potential that may or may not develop - so Benkovic may be as good as anyone we could get.

Surely Westley is going to play very little next season. Id quite like us to go back in for Demiral.

Center back is probably going to be the hardest place to recruit. Evans and Soyunchu have been two of our best and most consistent performers, so to get a player that is better will be very expensive, and it's difficult to get a decent player to sit on the bench.

I doubt we will spend the money to improve on those two. We already have Morgan as experienced backup, so we would be in the market for a young player with potential - potential that may or may not develop - so Benkovic may be as good as anyone we could get.
You’re probably right. I just think we made a massive error when Maguire left, to put all of our eggs in one basket. I don’t want to see us doing that again.

My point was that using one player as the paradigm by which to judge all others is stupid. Have someone explain it to you, or I'll send you over a diagram and a packet of crayons so that you can work it through.

Oh, I forgot the obligatory '****'. So, ****.
You were the one who used the single player in Slimani by which you judge all others and agreed it was stupid. One again all you can do is try and belittle others in order to try make yourself look clever. Try saying something thought through for a change. Then read through it again and ask an adult to read it for you before posting. Oh and add for your crayons... try not to eat them again.

You were the one who used the single player in Slimani by which you judge all others and agreed it was stupid. One again all you can do is try and belittle others in order to try make yourself look clever. Try saying something thought through for a change. Then read through it again and ask an adult to read it for you before posting. Oh and add for your crayons... try not to eat them again.
D—. Must try harder.

So if Chilwell goes to Chelsea for big money, would you take any of the following:
- Troy Deeney
- David Brooks
- John Stones
- Odsonne Eduoard
- Ryan Fraser

So if Chilwell goes to Chelsea for big money, would you take any of the following:
- Troy Deeney
- David Brooks
- John Stones
- Odsonne Eduoard
- Ryan Fraser
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

- Troy Deeney
- David Brooks
- John Stones
- Odsonne Eduoard
- Ryan Fraser

- Deeney's body is knackered
- Brooks is a Barnes in reverse (left footed right sided) which is okay but he won't make a notable difference
- Stones is a playboy who has lost his head and is highly unlikely to ever be any good again
- Eduoard is a good striker. I'd take him if we sold Iheancho but we don't need both
- Fraser is a toad. He treated Bournemouth really badly and is just out for the biggest payday he can get on the back of one good season two years ago. To be avoided

- Troy Deeney
- David Brooks
- John Stones
- Odsonne Eduoard
- Ryan Fraser
Out of that lot, Eduoard would be a good signing. I like Fraser as well but I’m not sure he’s for us. No to the rest of them.

Troy Deeney is completely shot. Watford fans firmly of the view now that he is well past his use by.

John Stones wouldn't come to Leicester to sit on the bench and it would be unfair on Evans and Soyuncu if either was dropped, not unless we started playing with a back 3

I'm not sure he is a Toad, per se, but Fraser's behavior over the last year has been quite troubling.

I'm sure I read somewhere his best mate left the club and it got him all out of sorts.

I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570