Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Mail reporting we want Wesley Fofana. St. Etienne reckon he's worth £27m though. We want him for £18m.

Re. Tarkowski. I think he'd be a decent addition if the reported £30m is correct but I wouldn't like to see us go over that. Bringing in someone younger makes more sense to me and if the above story is true I'd hope we could come to some sort of half way house agreement with St. Etienne, like £20m + add ons something...

Maybe we're interested in the rugby playing one now.
Don’t see why not, we’ve been linked with everyone in football and signed none of them so why not move into other sports. In fact I reckon not signing all the world’s rugby players would be sound business.

Signing or rumour......?

"Tottenham Hotspur appear to have lost out to Leicester City in the race to sign American wonderkid Zach Booth after the teenager confirmed on social media that he has signed with the Foxes.

Booth, who came through Real Salt Lake’s academy, is a key part of the United States Under-17s.

The midfielder, along with his older brother, Taylor Booth, who is part of Bayern Munich’s youth set-up were both reportedly on Tottenham’s radar, with Zach even undergoing a trial with the North Londoners last year (Daily Mail).

However, it now appears that Brendan Rodgers side have won the race for the 16-year-old’s signature, with ESPN reporting that the Foxes have finally concluded negotiations for the defender which they began back in February."

Signing or rumour......?

We sign 16 year olds all the time, the club rarely tells us about it though.
I expect the club won't tell us anything about him until he goes on loan to a League 2 club in 2025.

The only reason we get to hear about stuff like this is because of clickbait websites using headlines that make it sound like it's a big story.

The Mercury reported that we'd signed him over the weekend.

Frankly, for a 17 year old who we probably won't hear about or see near the first team, I couldn't be bothered posting it.

But they had it under a click baity headline about sealing our 2nd summer signing, and signings being like buses...

Signing or rumour......?

"Tottenham Hotspur appear to have lost out to Leicester City in the race to sign American wonderkid Zach Booth after the teenager confirmed on social media that he has signed with the Foxes.

Booth, who came through Real Salt Lake’s academy, is a key part of the United States Under-17s.

The midfielder, along with his older brother, Taylor Booth, who is part of Bayern Munich’s youth set-up were both reportedly on Tottenham’s radar, with Zach even undergoing a trial with the North Londoners last year (Daily Mail).

However, it now appears that Brendan Rodgers side have won the race for the 16-year-old’s signature, with ESPN reporting that the Foxes have finally concluded negotiations for the defender which they began back in February."
Signing

Bringing in someone younger makes more sense to me
Bringing in a proven Premier League player over a youngster from a different country/league who might or might not make it in to the first team makes way more sense to me.

Bringing in a proven Premier League player over a youngster from a different country/league who might or might not make it in to the first team makes way more sense to me.
I agree, we have spent a lot of money on decent players from foreign leagues that haven't been able to adapt, such as Silva, Slimani, Musa.... but this is also why buying players from other English clubs is more expensive.

In the interest of balance there are plenty of players bought from abroad that have worked out, Ndidi, Fuchs, Soyunchu, Ricardo....

I agree, we have spent a lot of money on decent players from foreign leagues that haven't been able to adapt, such as Silva, Slimani, Musa.... but this is also why buying players from other English clubs is more expensive.

In the interest of balance there are plenty of players bought from abroad that have worked out, Ndidi, Fuchs, Soyunchu, Ricardo....
...Mahrez, Kanté......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670