Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not certain. But I think that Rose or Targett would be a very poor signing. And I can’t believe that this guy is a worse option than ever of them. But none of us can ‘know’ what would/will happen.
I would view Rose in the same way we brought in Evans. Experience to shore up the defence whilst younger ones develop.

I would view Rose in the same way we brought in Evans. Experience to shore up the defence whilst younger ones develop.
same here Rose wouldn't be my first choice but he would be cheaper than some of the names mentioned which would cost pretty much what we sold Chilwell for making the deal pointless if it was done to help fund signings, Rose would be a solid option for a couple of years, a player being bombed out by Mourinho is no indication of anything now days either.

Rose as first choice for a couple of years then Thomas taking over I would be the plan I imagine, that said I would still prefer Tagliafico if the price is reasonable

If we're going to end up with someone a bit shit, I'd rather have Rose with his experience on a free than paying for Targett.

I hope we sign someone better. But would also rather spend the Chilwell money on a winger than a replacement left back.

Of course, spending on either a left back, winger or a centre back is massively preferred to what we're doing at the moment...

Im not a Rose fan at all, but think he’s a logical replacement at the moment.

Didn’t Sunderland loan him during Congertons spell there?

Maybe a bit of a conspiracy theory, but the club have a long term successful model in place where we either buy young players who will develop and secure future sell on opportunities or in the instance of Jonny Evans offer real value for money. Now Brendan and his main man Congers are here, perhaps there recruitment list is way off our direction of travel and therefore the club is reluctant to sanction there proposals and at same time Rodgers is vetoing younger options from club scouting operations and we are in some sort of Mexican stand off, could explain the lack of transfer activity over last 2 windows.

Looks like Messi isn’t coming

Apart from Arsenal, Brighton, Palace, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester City, Southampton, Spurs and West Ham who have all strengthened their squads, you're spot on....
They have almost all released or sold far more players than they have recruited so you could say the majority have weakened their squads.

Maybe a bit of a conspiracy theory, but the club have a long term successful model in place where we either buy young players who will develop and secure future sell on opportunities or in the instance of Jonny Evans offer real value for money. Now Brendan and his main man Congers are here, perhaps there recruitment list is way off our direction of travel and therefore the club is reluctant to sanction there proposals and at same time Rodgers is vetoing younger options from club scouting operations and we are in some sort of Mexican stand off, could explain the lack of transfer activity over last 2 windows.

GOBSMACKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670