Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the story that was never a story isn't a story?

British journalism. Envy of the world.
It does rather read that there was a story. Arsenal couldn't match both our asking price and Maddison's wage demands. So there must have been some contact, even if it was just of the laughing them off variety, more importantly though it tells us something about the financial health of the two clubs involved

Would Brendan let him go. I think there is a chance.

I've said before that I don't think BR trusts Iheanacho. Much like with Praet.

Iheanacho should be the main striker at the moment but it looks like he's back on the bench at best with Vardy playing irrespective of form and Daka competing with Iheanacho as back up.

From Iheanacho's perspective, he's done everything asked of him and is, if anything, further away from a regular start.

I'd definitely not sell as Vardy will spend some of the season injured. However I expect BR would happily trade Iheanacho and Praet for a RW and another creative player.

If we could get Madueke and Coutinho (loan), he probably thinks that he doesn't need Iheanacho. Or even replace Iheanacho with Edouard.

I've said before that I don't think BR trusts Iheanacho. Much like with Praet.

Iheanacho should be the main striker at the moment but it looks like he's back on the bench at best with Vardy playing irrespective of form and Daka competing with Iheanacho as back up.

From Iheanacho's perspective, he's done everything asked of him and is, if anything, further away from a regular start.

I'd definitely not sell as Vardy will spend some of the season injured. However I expect BR would happily trade Iheanacho and Praet for a RW and another creative player.

If we could get Madueke and Coutinho (loan), he probably thinks that he doesn't need Iheanacho. Or even replace Iheanacho with Edouard.
There is a story going around that Coutinho is a risk because of a knee problem

There is a story going around that Coutinho is a risk because of a knee problem

Which is why we'll rightly leave this one to the end of the window. He's fully training now so we'll see how he does. One thing is certain, he won't be at Barca at the start of September and I can't see any other side taking him over us.

The lad who just took an 89th minute penalty to win another shiny, that Iheanacho? Rodgers doesn’t trust him so much that he let him step up?

Different thing entirely.

Whenever Iheanacho starts, like with Praet, he's first man subbed off. He underplays both quite deliberately.

I like both players but, if BR only uses them when he has to, they are probably best off elsewhere..

I don't think Roma would be able to stump up enough money to tempt us, so can't see it being an issue either way.

Agreed, we would probably want about £50 million for him.

If someone offered us what we paid for Nacho, we’d sell.

If someone offered us what we paid for Nacho, we’d sell.
Bollocks would we.

We’d sell our top scorer, the bloke who scored the goal that got us to the cup final and who just signed a new 3 year deal for 25M? There’s probably a kickback to Man City too.

When our current main striker turns 35 and looks increasingly close to the end and Nacho is hitting his peak years.

Not a chance.

Bollocks would we.

We’d sell our top scorer, the bloke who scored the goal that got us to the cup final and who just signed a new 3 year deal for 25M? There’s probably a kickback to Man City too.

When our current main striker turns 35 and looks increasingly close to the end and Nacho is hitting his peak years.

Not a chance.
Yes I believe we would.

Firstly, I don’t think Brendan trusts him.

Secondly it looks like we’ll predominantly play with a back 4 next season, meaning only one striker will play, which won’t be Nacho because he’s totally ineffective on his own up front.

If we received a large offer for Nacho, large enough to get a better RW in, then I think we would sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669