Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was him receiving the Player of the Year awards from Top

Happened after the game and before the FA Cup parade round the pitch

But feel free to shit yourself ad infinitum
Thanks for the permission.. shitting myself well and truly underway

You might recall that I too was one of the more vocally unhappy on here. I am not a good loser by any stretch of the imagination. So I can well get my head around the players' reactions. I was by no means underplaying or understating his, even if I used only one simple word to describe them.
Hope Tielemans does stay. Like you say, a class player, but I did wonder where Soumare fits in (if he is coming). Can't get my head around Maddison and his happy chats afterwards though. Even I'm pissed of losing a big game (senior league at 46), until we say feck it, let's go the pub. Doesn't look like he cared whatsover

Apparently we're interested in Daniel James from Man Utd.

They want £20m, after buying him for £15m.

Could be decent but would be a bit of a punt. At the same time I'm not sure I want us to be helping them fund a move for Jadon Sancho...

He runs....mostly in a forwards motion too. I'd be happy with him signing just for that. He doesn't seem to be that good other than the running, but him and Barnes either side would make us more difficult to defend against.

1st thing I'd be doing is trying to sell Maddison.

Won't be easy though.

Does seem to be a lack of rumours around him leaving nowadays. Other than Arsenal I can't see anyone taking him.

Does seem to be a lack of rumours around him leaving nowadays. Other than Arsenal I can't see anyone taking him.
Interesting that there seems to be a lack of rumours about anyone leaving this year. In the past two seasons it was well publicised that Man U were after Maguire and then Chelsea's interest in Chilwell.

My concern is that clubs have recognised that they've probably inflated the value of those players by having a long pursuit and are just keeping quite this season.

I'd make Tielemans our new club captain.

I don't like keepers as captains and although Schmeichel is a big influence, I think the best place for a captain is the middle of the pitch.

Tielemans talks through the match and the players massively respect him. It might also raise his game.

I don't like keepers as captains and although Schmeichel is a big influence, I think the best place for a captain is the middle of the pitch.

Tielemans talks through the match and the players massively respect him. It might also raise his game.

Completely agree with all parts of this.

I've been saying for a while Youri should be our captain.

I really don't see him going and I think he's a player that would thrive on the captaincy. Maybe I'm naiive, but I don't see any signs of him wanting to go and I think he loves it here, and will be cautious about making sure any big move in the future is right for him.

Interesting that there seems to be a lack of rumours about anyone leaving this year. In the past two seasons it was well publicised that Man U were after Maguire and then Chelsea's interest in Chilwell.

My concern is that clubs have recognised that they've probably inflated the value of those players by having a long pursuit and are just keeping quite this season.

I'm never sure what is agents and what comes from the clubs. The media circus around Maguire leaving definitely got us a better price than a quiet word in his ear like Pep does would.

I agree, Youri as captain because of his footballing brain and position on pitch. No disrespects to Kasper either, who I think is worth his weight in something precious. Maybe we can have a club captain and a pitch captain, formalising what has effectively happened this season with Wes and Kasper. Not in a titular sense perhaps a but in some kind of symbolic or mentoring way.

I really don't see him going and I think he's a player that would thrive on the captaincy. Maybe I'm naiive, but I don't see any signs of him wanting to go and I think he loves it here, and will be cautious about making sure any big move in the future is right for him.
That might be true - and I hope it is, but his agent will be thinking about the $$$, and he'll be in his ear, "Youri, a player of your ability really should be playing in the CL next season..."

I'd make him captian, junior vice President and the King of King Power as long as he stays.

Why would he want to stay at a side so unambitious that they only win the FA Cup and finish top 6 twice in two years despite the obvious ****ing chasm in cash and squad quality that exists between them and the traditional 'big 6' (and others)?

Honestly, the nappy filling and rattle throwing on here is flaptastic. Get a grip of yourselves.

Unambitious. FFS.

3 year deal? Suggests he's staying for next season to me.

His current deal is until 2023 so it's an extra year.

I think that's a similar model to how we've extended the contracts of the likes of Mahrez and Maguire before to get one more year from them.

So maybe Youri now has the same gentleman's agreement they do.

Or we progress in that time enough that he stays here longer.

His current deal is until 2023 so it's an extra year.

I think that's a similar model to how we've extended the contracts of the likes of Mahrez and Maguire before to get one more year from them.

So maybe Youri now has the same gentleman's agreement they do.

Or we progress in that time enough that he stays here longer.
I think that's a pretty good model for all concerned really. No one wants a situation like Marhez or what I suspect will play out with Kane at Spurs.

Get the extra year, hopefully increase his value, bring in a replacement this year (as we did when we got Cags), train him up and hopefully have a ready made replacement for the following season.

I think that's a pretty good model for all concerned really. No one wants a situation like Marhez or what I suspect will play out with Kane at Spurs.

Get the extra year, hopefully increase his value, bring in a replacement this year (as we did when we got Cags), train him up and hopefully have a ready made replacement for the following season.

Yep. I'm not criticising it.

If it means he stays for an extra year, and is happy doing so, then it's a good situation.

In the meantime we try to progress even further, hope to convince him to stay. And Soumare comes in and has a season to adapt to the PL as a minimum before potentially replacing Youri the following year.

Why would he want to stay at a side so unambitious that they only win the FA Cup and finish top 6 twice in two years despite the obvious ****ing chasm in cash and squad quality that exists between them and the traditional 'big 6' (and others)?

Honestly, the nappy filling and rattle throwing on here is flaptastic. Get a grip of yourselves.

Unambitious. FFS.
Who’s talking about ambition?

We are definitely a club with ambition, there’s no denying that. But Youri deserves to be playing year in year out in the Champions League. I’m sure he would have joined hoping we’d have got there within a couple of years, but unfortunately it hasn’t happened

If we don’t make top 4 next season he’ll be off. Nothing to do with our ambition, but more to do with the quality of the guy. He could get into the midfield of the biggest clubs in Europe. He’s that good.

Who’s talking about ambition?

We are definitely a club with ambition, there’s no denying that. But Youri deserves to be playing year in year out in the Champions League. I’m sure he would have joined hoping we’d have got there within a couple of years, but unfortunately it hasn’t happened

If we don’t make top 4 next season he’ll be off. Nothing to do with our ambition, but more to do with the quality of the guy. He could get into the midfield of the biggest clubs in Europe. He’s that good.

If he has any sense, he'll not make that mega move just yet.

He is still inconsistent. I can see several areas that he's improved this season but there is plenty more that I'm sure BR has told him he can do better as well.

One more year working with BR and he'll be world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566