Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the reality is that our young players aren’t actually that decent? It’s not as though Rodgers is exactly anti young players. And it was important that we finished the season well. With the dross we had as opposition for 3 of the last 4 games, can you imagine the atmosphere if we’d experimented with the lineup and not won them convincingly, or even lost them?
Not being funny but a place on the bench in place of one of the underachieving or a goalkeeper who never plays wouldn't hurt, especially against Norwich ffs

If the young players weren't deemed good enough wouldn't it have been in the club's interest to hand them a few undeserved caps to bolster the CVs and then try to move them on? Nelson might end up at Macclesfield, as long as he has decent mobile signal when he's round his nan's.

If the young players weren't deemed good enough wouldn't it have been in the club's interest to hand them a few undeserved caps to bolster the CVs and then try to move them on?
No. Not if they’re weren’t deemed good enough.

He’s obviously a better player than he’s shown this past season. He’s not a bum whose spent his entire career prior to us in the non-leagues and has international caps for the Solomon Islands.

I’m not saying he will be a success for us. But there is a decent player there and his career prior to us has shown that.

He’s obviously a better player than he’s shown this past season. He’s not a bum whose spent his entire career prior to us in the non-leagues and has international caps for the Solomon Islands.

I’m not saying he will be a success for us. But there is a decent player there and his career prior to us has shown that.
Agreed, he's a seasoned International too. Maybe he was a stopgap[ for last season as we were for the most part forced to start games outside of our best formation. Maybe this coming season the system we play will better suit his attributes?

Agreed, he's a seasoned International too. Maybe he was a stopgap[ for last season as we were for the most part forced to start games outside of our best formation. Maybe this coming season the system we play will better suit his attributes?
BR is not changing his way of playing football or system. Have you learnt nothing about the bloke?

Clearly desperately trying to generate interest. No side has ever made us an offer for him and that's still the case. Only Arsenal appear to have a genuine interest in Tielemans but why trade us for them?

For our part, having a key player go for free next summer would be poor. We have to get some money in.

Clearly desperately trying to generate interest. No side has ever made us an offer for him and that's still the case. Only Arsenal appear to have a genuine interest in Tielemans but why trade us for them?

For our part, having a key player go for free next summer would be poor. We have to get some money in.

Maybe it depends on how much money we're being offered? Does it get to the point where we figure we might as well hold on to him, as he gives us a greater chance of generating future income if we're better on the pitch with him than without him?

I'm not saying I'd do this, but who knows how much we're being offered currently?

He’s been on his way out for ages, and I can imagine him stinking the place out even more next season.

We need to sell him this summer and get as much as we can for him.

Thanks for the FA Cup goal Youri, but it’s time to go.

He’s been on his way out for ages, and I can imagine him stinking the place out even more next season.

He's not been great this season for the most part but he's had some terrific games for us and hes been a mainstay of the team. I think it's best for both parties if he moves on and we get a bootload of cash for him but we won't be a better squad without him.

“Great performance”? Does not compute.
He's had loads of them for Denmark. Some absolutely brilliant games, as he did for Southampton. The signing was a stupid one for us because he isn't the type of player we needed but in the right system he's proven that he can be a terrific defender and play some wonderful passes.

His face after the bottling against spurs in last game of 2020/21 season....he said his farewells that game. It's grim for all involved that he didn't shift when his reputation was sky high. Can totally see him leaving on a free next summer but Brendan persisting with playing him every game next season.

He's had loads of them for Denmark. Some absolutely brilliant games, as he did for Southampton. The signing was a stupid one for us because he isn't the type of player we needed but in the right system he's proven that he can be a terrific defender and play some wonderful passes.
Yeah I was just being a bit obtuse really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566