Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

I've no huge objection to him going, even to Forest, but that seems like not a lot of money.

Last year of contract and high salary though.

I reckon he'll be the first of several that go for teeth suckingly small amounts. We have to clear the decks. Teams know our situation.

Wait until late August when we have to start paying players to leave.

Will be sad to see Nachos go. Delighted for him when he does though. He's stuck around here longer than he should have done. Dragged us through some dodgy periods of form and then was further down the ladder than Patson ****ing Daka for ****ing hells sake.

Last year of contract and high salary though.

I reckon he'll be the first of several that go for teeth suckingly small amounts. We have to clear the decks. Teams know our situation.
Yes, I get that. We defo need a car boot sale, and to swallow our pride.

I do wonder how much of the motivation for selling players is to do with the wages bill. I reckon it could well be a big part of it. Whatever we can get being less of an issue. The wages bill of the last couple of seasons has done us no favours.

Still, the refresh (I really am beginning to hate that word) that's clearly going on will hopefully help us bounce back. I wonder if the pitch side revolution will be followed at board room level, once the season starts.

On the trail’ has entered the chat. Nice.

Sealing’ - Very business like.

‘Alright mate, thanks for getting the beers in. Did you see that we’ve sealed Harry Winks?’

‘Yes and I’ve also heard that we’re on the trail of James Trafford, you know, the breakout star of the Under 21 Euros’

Upset by a possible ten million, TEN MILLION pounds for Kelechi, it's behind you Iheanacho..... even after seeing him play.

The market is completely ****ed from top to bottom.

He's been complete donkey shit in about 60% of the games he's played. Laughably, ludicrously awful. I mean, I love watching him but in the same way my kids love watching Mr Bean acting a ****.

If it does happen, it's a useful £10m in the bank and we are giving Forest a hospital pass. Excellent all round. If we can trick the ****s into buying Daka and Praet as well then we'd be laughing. I'm still waiting for Chelsea to offer us 50m for Soumare.

I think Man City would be extremely eager to get Steffen out. Ortega is an excellent backup to Ederson, and their real third choice in terms of ability is Trafford who seems a fantastic talent.

If we can get Trafford on loan over Steffen on a permanent, that would be much better for us. I am of the opinion that GK is not an area we need to change for this league though.

I think Man City would be extremely eager to get Steffen out. Ortega is an excellent backup to Ederson, and their real third choice in terms of ability is Trafford who seems a fantastic talent.

If we can get Trafford on loan over Steffen on a permanent, that would be much better for us. I am of the opinion that GK is not an area we need to change for this league though.

Steffen says he's seen the rumours of Leicester interest but hasn't heard anything from the club or his agent

Upset by a possible ten million, TEN MILLION pounds for Kelechi, it's behind you Iheanacho..... even after seeing him play.

The market is completely ****ed from top to bottom.

He's been complete donkey shit in about 60% of the games he's played. Laughably, ludicrously awful. I mean, I love watching him but in the same way my kids love watching Mr Bean acting a ****.

If it does happen, it's a useful £10m in the bank and we are giving Forest a hospital pass.
Kinda with you there, even if I wouldn't word it quite as you do.

Personally, I think Nacho is not to be persevered with. He has his moments of near on genius, for sure, but on other occasions he looks clueless. As if he's never played the game, I mean comically poor.

You're right objectively, the market is daft and I'm contradicting myself given what I've said; 10M is a 'bite your hand off' offer. We ought take it (from anyone) and say 'thank the lord' How long have we had Nacho? How much sign have we actually seen of him becoming a more complete/reliable player? Stick him on the pitch and we have no idea, none, of what he's going to do (Yes yes, I hear the cries: neither do their defenders) But we can't roll the dice like that. Not when the comedy moments outweigh the genius.

Yes, I know the numbers, stats and xG things. Yes, I know what they say and suggest. But I've also watched him play. I'm totally upfront honest here, I have no idea how my eyes can deceive me as they do. I've no idea how the numbers flatter as they seemingly do. It baffles me, truly it does, it just doesn't add up. But whataver, that disparity is not the issue. We don't need to concern ourselves with the why of it.

Nah, bid him a fond farewell. Let him become someone else's riddle to solve. We sure as hell have shown that we can't do it.

Steffen says he's seen the rumours of Leicester interest but hasn't heard anything from the club or his agent
Good. Strong Danny Ward vibes from Steffen plus he’s ****ing injured. Either persist with Iversen or sign some proven quality, not some overpaid, inexperienced **** up merchant.

Get em all gone,

Useless ****s

Rumours were appearing over the weekend of us being interested in Danny Ings.

I'd be a bit torn on that... On the one hand, I'm sure he'd score a hatful in the Championship.

But on the flip side, I think if we have Jamie Vardy and a 31 year old Danny Ings leading our line next season, coupled with the signings we've made so far, I'd be worried we're not exactly setting ourselves up for sustained success if we get promoted.

I'm fine with the current signings, but I'm hoping the next couple we get in will be younger with more potential coming up.

Can you imagine what this place would've been like when we were looking at signing Tony Cottee?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663