Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Nice enough guy. Bit of a pantomime villain at times with some fans. Incredible on his day, average for most of this season. That’s it really.

Other than his legacy, etc., the only real shame is that we can't get £20-30m for selling him.

Another symptom of our abysmal management that he's walking away on a free.

****ing useless for 85% of the time.he was on the pitch. A good one to get rid of.

Amartey in talks with Besiktas apparently.

I can see Turkey as a likely destination for a few of our players. They seem to take a lot of scrap from the rest of Europe on high salaries.

I think Amartey would've been alright in the Championship, but can see why we wouldn't renew.

Hey Ho. Happy thoughts:

At least we're out of the situation where we're woried about our better players leaving us for another / 'better' Prem team.

I can see Turkey as a likely destination for a few of our players. They seem to take a lot of scrap from the rest of Europe on high salaries.

I think Amartey would've been alright in the Championship, but can see why we wouldn't renew.

Turkey does appear to be the glue factory for footballers.

Hey Ho. Happy thoughts:

At least we're out of the situation where we're woried about our better players leaving us for another / 'better' Prem team.
Pretty dispiriting to see articles about Villa competing with Newcastle for Tierney though, with us left working out which academy players might make up the numbers.

"Atletico were interested in signing him a year ago but Leicester did not want to let him leave and so they waited on him."

Absolute farce.
Around 50m in transfer fees and wages lost. For about 10 games.

"Atletico were interested in signing him a year ago but Leicester did not want to let him leave and so they waited on him."

Absolute farce.
Says it all about the management of our club at all levels they let this happen.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463