Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Unless we plan on playing 11 defenders then we need more ..

Defenders: Justin, Ricardo, Castagne, Kristiansen, Thomas, Faes, Coady, Souttar, Doyle, Vestergaard

Regularly Injured: Justin, Ricardo

Will Probably Leave: Castagne, Vestergaard

Risks Leaving Us With: Kristiansen, Thomas, Faes, Coady, Souttar, Doyle.

Plus some youth who may or may not be good enough.

I'm actually quite happy with the CBs we have. But i don't want to make the possible ridiculous suggestion that we need another wingback.

I guess it depends on which formation we play and whether Timmy leaves and Justin/Ricardo's injury record.

We play at least 48 matches this season and our aim with the current squad should be to get promotions. We're shaping up quite nicely for a Championship side.

Defenders: Justin, Ricardo, Castagne, Kristiansen, Thomas, Faes, Coady, Souttar, Doyle, Vestergaard

Regularly Injured: Justin, Ricardo

Will Probably Leave: Castagne, Vestergaard

Risks Leaving Us With: Kristiansen, Thomas, Faes, Coady, Souttar, Doyle.

Plus some youth who may or may not be good enough.

I'm actually quite happy with the CBs we have. But i don't want to make the possible ridiculous suggestion that we need another wingback.

I guess it depends on which formation we play and whether Timmy leaves and Justin/Ricardo's injury record.

We play at least 48 matches this season and our aim with the current squad should be to get promotions. We're shaping up quite nicely for a Championship side.
It would be great if Vestergard and Castagne left but there's not much movement yet, if JJ and Ricardo can muster 48 games between them that's a problem solved.

It would be great if Vestergard and Castagne left but there's not much movement yet, if JJ and Ricardo can muster 48 games between them that's a problem solved.

They only managed a total of 26 between them in all competitions last season!!!!

We should be looking for promotion not scraping through. I'm not sure what formation we'll adopt but if wing backs are important to the formation, I'd prefer we have another one. If Timmy stays, we're good.

I feel like every thread is merging into one at the minute with similar themes, but this seemed the best place to put this...

Mavididi still isn't in yet, despite fee and personal terms all supposedly being agreed and even a medical apparently taking place... It's sounding inevitable he'll sign but isn't in yet, despite the other deals that have followed similar news cycle happening much quicker.

Is it a fair assumption that we're potentially having to sell more before Mavididi comes in?

I feel like every thread is merging into one at the minute with similar themes, but this seemed the best place to put this...

Mavididi still isn't in yet, despite fee and personal terms all supposedly being agreed and even a medical apparently taking place... It's sounding inevitable he'll sign but isn't in yet, despite the other deals that have followed similar news cycle happening much quicker.

Is it a fair assumption that we're potentially having to sell more before Mavididi comes in?
We can’t be short of a Bob or two having received £80m and spent around £20m?

More likely waiting till August 1 to announce it for budget reasons.

More likely Fake Pep has decided Wilfred Ndidi on the wing is the better option so has pulled out.

Fake Pep… WFT???
Come on, get with the programme. He's already decided that the manager is shit and is desperate to be just like Guardioala having seen all the evidence of 3 warm up games, some with loads of players missing from the squad and some on a godforsaken nonsense of a tour he clearly has no interest in being a part of.

The hair probably has something to do with it too. Please grow it out, Enzo.

Come on, get with the programme. He's already decided that the manager is shit and is desperate to be just like Guardioala having seen all the evidence of 3 warm up games, some with loads of players missing from the squad and some on a godforsaken nonsense of a tour he clearly has no interest in being a part of.
You dont half talk some bollocks.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664